Started playing the Granny Horror game, but can’t figure out how to beat it before your time is up? Check out our complete guide of tips and strategy for escaping the house alive.
The Granny horror game has taken the Apple and Android app store by storm as one of the hardest free escape room games around. While the original game was difficult enough to beat, the developer has recently updated it to add even more rooms, secret passages, and weapons, as well as a higher difficulty mode. If you’re just getting started in the game and haven’t managed to beat it or aren’t even sure what the steps are to escape, we’ve put together a complete guide of tips and strategies for completing each part of the game and beating Granny. In addition, if you’re looking for a walkthrough of each room in the newly updated Granny house and objects found in them (including Teddy), you can check out our Granny House tour here.
‘Granny’ Gameplay Overview: Goals and Controls
Goal: How Do You Win The Granny Game?
At the start of the Granny horror game, you find yourself lying on the floor of a room in Granny’s house. The object of the game is to escape the house alive. This can be tricky because the crazy Granny that lives in the house listens to every sound. If she hears you, she’ll hunt you down and attack you. You get five chances or days to escape the house before Granny finally puts an end to you. To escape the house, you have to complete a series of tasks — the main one being to deactivate the door alarm and unlock all the security items that bar it. We’ve listed all the objects you’ll need and steps for beating the game below.
Controls: How Do I Move And Interact With Objects?
The controls are kind of primitive in this game and so they can sometimes be difficult to figure out. Here are a few basics you need to know.
- How To Move – On the left-hand side of the screen you have a white circle that is your joystick/controller. Use it to move.
- How To Look Around – If you want to look around the room swipe around the screen in the direction you want to look.
- How To Pick Up Objects Or Interact With Stuff – In the middle of your game screen, you’ll notice a small white dot. If you want to open a drawer, grab an item, climb under a bed or interact with objects in some other way, you will have to move your joystick until the white dot is centered on the object of interest. If the object is something you can pick up, open or close, a hand will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Tap it to do the action. Sometimes a different icon will appear in that corner showing how you can interact with the object. Simply tap the interactive icon to complete the action or else navigate elsewhere.
- How To Drop Objects – anytime you have an object in your hand, you can drop it by tapping the word “Drop” at the bottom of the game screen.
- Crouching and Standing – you can change from crouching to standing in the game by tapping the icon of a person in the left-hand corner of the game screen
‘Granny’ Horror Game Guide: Tips, Steps & Strategy For Beating The Game
As mentioned above, to beat the game, you’ll have to unbolt the front door and deactivate the main alarm. While this task might sound simple, there are several steps you have to complete to do it. Here are the objects you’ll need to find and steps for using them.
There are a number of main objects and keys you’ll need to complete the game, five of which are keys. You can only hold one item at a time and some items will have to be used before others. I’ve listed them in the order I used them. Some of them may be used in any order though.
- Cutting Pliers – you will use these three times. First, use these the door alarm to make both lights turn green. Then use them to cut wires in the circuit box found on the basement wall. You can also use them to cut the wire on the fan in the jail cell through the hidden passage. There are sometimes objects hidden behind that fan .
- Padlock Key (Blue) – use this key on the padlock on the front door. It will make the top bar blocking in fall down.
- Hammer – used to break the wood barring the bottom of the front door. You’ll have to break the wood on both ends to get it completely off the door.
- Cog Wheel – this is a wheel-like object you’ll need to find and use on the machine in the Playhouse in Granny’s yard.
- Winch Handle – this is a handle used with the well in Granny’s yard. It allows you to raise the bucket in the well which has a key or other need object hidden in it.
- Alarm Code – this is a piece of yellow paper with the word “code” on it. You’ll use it on the top lock of the door.
- Melon – this is an object you’ll need to find and cut open using the guillotine in Granny’s yard. There will be a key or other needed object hidden inside.
- Screwdriver – another object you’ll need to find to unlock a secret compartment on the side of one of the sets of stairs in Granny’s Basement. This compartment sometimes holds keys or other objects you need.
- How To Find Screwdriver – the screwdriver is an item that is always found in the same place. To locate it you need to find the high shelf in the front hall. If you stand at the top of the stairs that lead down to the front door area, look straight ahead and you’ll see a very high shelf.
- How To Get Screwdriver – getting the screwdriver down is a bit tricky. The only way to get it is to shoot at it with the tranquilizer gun or the shotgun. We’ve got a walkthrough of how to find the tranquilizer gun here and how to find the shotgun, here.
- Safe Key (Gold) – find this to unlock the safe found in the basement.
- Master Key (Red) – the Master Key is the final key you’ll use to unlock the main door handle and escape
- Weapons Key (Wooden) – unlocks the weapons locker found in the secret passageway (guide for finding weapons room is here.) If you unlock it, you can grab a tranquilizer gun to shoot at Granny that puts her out for a while.
- Playhouse Key (Teal) – this key unlocks the padlock on the Playhouse in Granny’s yard. Inside the playhouse is a machine that will have a hidden compartment where keys or other objects are sometimes found.
- Car Key (Yellow/Gold) – this key unlocks the trunk of the car found in the new garage area . Other objects you need such as the hammer will sometimes be stowed there.
Where To Find Tools and Keys
None of the objects in the Granny game have a specific location and can be found in a variety of places throughout the house. Additionally, every time you restart the game, the objects in the house change locations. To find objects, you need to search any cabinet or piece of furniture with a drawer or door can potentially hold an item you need. This includes things like kitchen cabinets (upper and lower), the microwave, dressers, china cabinets, and so forth. Various household items and furniture will sometimes hold objects too. For example, toilets, sinks, chairs, and benches. The door code can be one of the trickier objects to find because it is a note that can be stickied to a door or wall as well. If you are looking for an object, move quickly through the room scanning possible object locations. Open any doors and drawers you see, but do it carefully or granny will hear. If she’s coming for you, move elsewhere and return to that place later. Some additional locations where objects are sometimes found that may be tricker to discover are as follows:
- Jail Cell Fan – Go into the room attached to the sewing room in the hidden passage. It looks like a jail cell with a rocking chair in it. On the wall beside the rocking chair, you’ll see a fan. If you have the wire cutters, you can use them to cut the power to the fan. There are sometimes objects you need hiding behind that fan.
- Playhouse Machine – this is found on the wall in the Playhouse in Granny’s yard. If you find the Cog Wheel, you can use it with this machine to unlock a space on the machine where another object or key will be hidden.
- Basement Stairs Compartment – there is a metal compartment on the side of one of the sets of basement stairs. Use a screwdriver on it to open and find other keys or objects you may need.
- Safe – Found in the Basement. Requires the key to open.
- Car Trunk – the car is a new feature found in a hidden garage below Granny’s basement. You’ll need to find the key to the car to unlock the trunk and retrieve any hidden items. If you don’t know how to get to the car garage, you can find a walkthrough for the feature, here .
What If I Have To Drop Something? Will It Be Where I Left It?
Sometimes you’ll find an object before you need it and you have the option to either pick it up or leave it. If you drop it, it’ll remain where you’ve left it till you die or come back. Just keep in mind, if you choose to grab the item, at some point you’ll have to drop it, which will cause noises that Granny can hear. It most cases it’s best to leave an object behind if you don’t need it yet and just remember where it’s stored.
- The Best Pre-Built Gaming PCs You Can Get Right Now (May 2020)
- Apex Legends characters [Season 5]: abilities, hitboxes, and tips
- Apex Legends Loba guide: Loba tips and tricks, abilities, hitbox
- Best Gift Ideas For Father's Day 2020: Gaming Gifts For Dads
- Bes Father's Day Gifts 2020: Gaming Gifts For Dads
- 'A Kafkaesque nightmare': the survival guide helping condemned estates beat the bulldozers
- Minecraft Dungeons guide: 30 top tips for beginners
- 10 games to play while isolating at home during the coronavirus outbreak
- Move Beyond Monopoly With Board Games for the Bored
- ‘I’m panicking, I need to pee’: The cruel mind games of F1 ‘God’
- Cycle of 50-day strict lockdowns with 30 days off after each could be the safest way to beat coronavirus, Cambridge scientists say - but it would take more than 18 MONTHS to be rid of the disease
- 100 Days Out: College football names, games, storylines as we count down to Week 1 of the 2020 season
- Bad North review - doom-laden strategy delivered in tiny, terrifying chunks
- 100 Days Out: Counting down 100 things to get you ready for the 2019 college football season
- Free Games Available On PS4, Xbox One, PC, And More Right Now
- Game on: after Marvel’s Avengers, Nintendo’s stars could be next to hit the big screen
- Celebrity Escape Room: Courteney Cox reunites with Lisa Kudrow to escape from Jack Black's crazy house and raise money for Red Nose Day
- Mum shares her genius hack to get her toddler to fold his own clothes and all you need is a cardboard box
- My boyfriend chopped my hair off, beat me and even made me drink his PEE during six weeks of hell in his family home
- The Best Board Games You Can Play At Home Right Now
How to Beat 'Granny' Horror Game: Tips, Steps & Strategy For Getting Out of the House Alive have 2015 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 23, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.