“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of [Donald] Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic. You name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And has lifted them up.” Jennifer Palmieri — communications director for Hillary Clinton‘s presidential campaign — wasn’t there in the Manhattan ballroom where her candidate spoke those words in September 2016. But she had a feeling it was going to impact the campaign. Speaking with Dana Perino on Fox News Wednesday, Palmieri admitted Clinton’s remark was ill-advised. “I did know it was going to be a big deal,” Palmieri said. “And it is, you know, as she said, to be grossly generalistic — which you never should do — and to characterize the…motivations of voters is a dangerous thing.” Palmieri also noted that she believes the trail blazed by Hillary Clinton will help the next female presidential candidate. “It’s a different world that we’re in now,” Palmieri said. “I think the first woman kind of had to go through that path she did. And now I hope the next candidate has an easier path.” Watch above, via Fox News. [featured… Read full this story
- Emma Willis reveals Big Brother could still be saved by major network
- Fire union chief blasts 'back-to-front' Grenfell report for probing rescue teams BEFORE those behind cladding and safety - as ex-fireman MP says 'every firefighter will feel guilty today'
- Why the Craig behind Craigslist gave big bucks to a journalism program
- 'He had nothing!' Trump says 'Robert Mueller did a poor job' during hours of congressional grilling and THANKS Democrats for holding the hearings – but declares they'll lose big in 2020 because they didn't hurt him
- They’re listening: 13 actually good therapists in TV and film
- Recode Daily: Mark Zuckerberg cleans up nice before testifying on Capitol Hill
- MyPillow's Mike Lindell opens up on his battle with addiction
- The rise and fall of a super-intelligent, self-aware Facebook game
- Prediction: The Democratic Party Will Shift Further Right to Regain Power
- Why Your Team Sucks 2019: New England Patriots
Ex-Hillary Spox Jennifer Palmieri: I Knew ‘Deplorables’ Remark Was ‘Going to Be a Big Deal’ have 344 words, post on www.mediaite.com at March 28, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.