Passwords are a pain. With so much of our modern lives based online, it’s now a necessary evil to create passwords for our email, media streaming, gaming, financial and other services. But because conventions differ from site to site (this one demands at least two symbols and no capitals, while this one requires a mixture of cases and a minimum length), it’s important to use original passwords for each account, and they need to be updated on a regular basis, it can be a Herculean task trying to remember them all. That’s where password manager apps come in. These allow users to create one master password, after which the app takes care of logging into all other accounts. Only having to remember one combination of letters, numbers, and weird symbols? That sounds good to us. Here’s a selection of the best Mac password managers available at the moment. We look at the best iPhone password managers in a separate article. And for more ways to keep your data safe be sure to also read our Best Mac security tips article. How do password managers work? The idea of password managers is to simplify the way you access your various accounts…. Read full this story
- How a new, unused credit card could get hacked: Money Matters
- ‘Sextortion’ scam uses password breaches to target victims
- Forgot Your Password Again? Brainwaves Could Provide an Inexhaustible Supply of Unique Codes
- Facebook Friend Request 'Scams' Are Back, Should You Change Your Password?
- Election hacking: Why cybersecurity experts think we should trust midterm election results
- How medical devices like pacemakers and insulin pumps can be hacked
- Here's How Russia May Have Already Hacked the 2018 Midterm Elections
- How to avoid identify theft and keep your data safe
- Why you shouldn’t use Facebook to log in to other sites and apps
- Facebook breach: How to avoid a scam or having your identify stolen
Avoid getting hacked by using these password managers on your Mac have 313 words, post on www.macworld.co.uk at March 3, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.