Students preparing for Dundee Fashion Week have spoken about their excitement ahead of the “celebration”.
The event, the first of its kind in the city, will be staged in various venues from May 7-13.
Backed by the Tele, it will feature a range of events, including a catwalk finale.
Bosses are also in talks to host a second event, after revealing they are overbooked for the grand finale.
Among those taking part in the week are students from Dundee and Angus College.
The Tele visited the college’s Gardyne Campus to meet some of the students as they prepared for the event.
Claire MacDougall, 18, is in her first year of studying for an HND in textiles.
In the run-up to the week, her job is to create outfits for the finale.
Claire said: “It has been fantastic making all the garments for the show. I’ve always been really into clothes, which made me apply for the course and it is great that this event will be happening in Dundee as there has been nothing like it before.
“We’re currently working on a selection of shirt dresses which we have worked on from creating the patterns to completing the finished look.
“We really got to make them in our own style so it will be amazing to see them on show at the end of fashion week.”
Dylan Lothian, 19, also an HND textiles student, said: “The theme for our shirt dresses is patterns so we have been applying dots and stripes to the clothes, which has been really good fun.
“We started our creations after Christmas and work on the dresses for two hours each week.
“I’m very excited and would be interested in being involved again if the show does well.”
Textiles course leader Dean Robertson said: “It’s such an exciting time in Dundee with the V&A opening in September and fashion week and design month in May — it’s great.
“It will be a real celebration and will see Dundee being recognised as a design centre in 2018.”
Retail course leader Gill Rough said: “Many of our students want to pursue careers in the fashion industry and are thrilled to be part of Dundee Fashion Week.
“The unique event will allow them to gain invaluable experience by working and building relationships with clients.”
- New York Fashion Week 2019: Celebrity Style and Front Row at NYFW in Pictures
- Fashion Production Associations hosts its Fashion Week on campus
- Spurs' Patty Mills steps out to support San Antonio talent at Fashion Week SATX
- Tomo Koizumi is the breakout designer of NY Fashion Week
- New York Fashion Week 2019: Photos of the Shows at NYFW
- New York Fashion Week 2019: Rebecca Minkoff Talks Spring/Summer Line and Rise to Success
- Trump ladies take New York Fashion Week
- Inside Philipp Plein’s wild New York Fashion Week bash
- New York Fashion Week 2019 Backstage Photos: Stylists, Models, Hair and Makeup at NYFW
- The Who, What And Wear of New York Fashion Week 2019