One of the European Union’s top officials has mocked Michael Gove’s plans to try to ban plastic straws after Brexit. Frans Timmermans, the deputy to EU Commission president Jean Claude Juncker, pointed out that the EU was already planning to ban the straws later this year. The Environment secretary raised the prospect of a ban on the straws in an interview withChopper’s Brexit Podcast today. Mr Gove told the Podcast: “Watch this space. If it is bad, then banning it is a good thing. But we have to take a balanced approach towards the EU. “There are some good things about the EU but one of the things about being inside the EU is that there are some steps that we might to take environmentally but…
- Chiranjeevi Pens Emotional Post For Sanjay Dutt; Says ‘You Are A Fighter’
- Facebook Removes Post by Trump for First Time Over COVID-19 Misinformation
- Republicans Rebel Against Their Own Party's Stimulus Plan in Split with McConnell
- Whyte vs Povetkin: Katie Taylor hits back at criticism from Delfine Persoon by telling her to 'learn to box'
- U.S. Hits 5 Million COVID-19 Cases as New Zealand Marks 100 Days Without
- China's Tencent downplays Trump's WeChat app ban
- Trump WeChat ban 'an unwelcome signal' for Chinese community
- Huge security alert after pics of elite Special Boat Service on combat operations posted on Facebook
- Majority Disapprove of Trump Promoting Hydroxychloroquine as Top Admin Official Breaks With President on Antimalarial Drug
- Zuckerberg Gaslit Facebook Employees in Response to Trump Post, Ex-Staffer Says
Straw wars! Michael Gove hits back after top EU official mocks him over plans for post-Brexit straws ban have 254 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at February 23, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.