SACRAMENTO — The state Senate and Assembly released a cache of documents Friday revealing 20 substantiated complaints of sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior against lawmakers or high-level legislative staffers over the past 12 years. The nearly 100 pages of documents include cases against six current and former elected officials: Republican gubernatorial candidate Travis Allen, an Assemblyman from Huntington Beach (Orange County); Assemblywoman Autumn Burke, D-Inglewood (Los Angeles County); Sen. Bob Hertzberg, D-Van Nuys; former Assemblyman Raul Bocanegra, D-San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles County); former Sen. Roderick Wright, D-Inglewood; and suspended Sen. Tony Mendoza, D-Artesia (Los Angeles County). Bocanegra resigned in November after allegations of sexual harassment, while Mendoza remains suspended pending the outcome of an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct. The heavily redacted documents were released Friday after news organizations challenged the Legislature’s refusal to allow the public to scrutinize them. While additional claims against lawmakers may have been made, each house said it disclosed only documents involving substantiated sexual harassment claims against lawmakers and high-level employees where “discipline has been imposed or allegations have been determined to be well-founded.” The 20 cases between Jan. 1, 2006, and Dec. 31, 2017, reflect a period in the Legislature when employees… Read full this story
- Uber's sexual harassment case shines light on a startup's culture of defiance
- UP: BJP leader booked for sexual harassment of woman party activist
- Sexual harassment in Silicon Valley: have we reached a tipping point?
- Sexual harassment at workplace: Why women prefer anonymity
- One in four Qantas staff sexually harassed on the job, survey finds
- Bill O'Reilly settled $32m sexual harassment claim before signing Fox News deal – report
- Fox settles with Gretchen Carlson over Roger Ailes sexual harassment claims
- Senior BJD leader Pramod Kumar Sahu arrested on charge of sexual harassment
- Senior Odisha BJD Leader Arrested for Sexually Harassing Colleague
- Lecturer gets N200,000 bail over alleged sexual harassment of female student
Legislature releases details of sexual harassment cases dating back to 2006 have 298 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at February 3, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.