EKWB issued a public apology for the below-expectations performance of its EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper waterblock and X399 motherboard monoblocks. The company is offering a discount voucher to owners of the former, and issuing a new cold plate to owners of the latter. Last year, EKWB launched several waterblocks for AMD’s X399 platform. Among them are the EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition CPU waterblock and several X399 motherboard monoblocks. Unfortunately, several reviews, such as those from [H]ardOCP and Hardware.info, have found the performance of the EVO Threadripper to be lacking. [H]ardOCP surmised that the block’s cold plate (pictured above) was to blame, and that its design was unsuitable for covering the large surface area of Threadripper CPUs.EK-FB ASUS X399 Gaming RGB motherboard monoblock–the only monoblock that was shipped with the old cold plate–EKWB is offering a free cold plate upgrade kit. They only have to contact EKWB support to request the kit and follow a video tutorial to replace their waterblock’s cold plate.radiators to full-cover waterblocks for non-reference GPUs from major manufacturers. Most recently, the company entered the AIO watercooling market with kits comprised of a mix of custom and universal parts.
- Welcome to the new Cold War: China vs. the United States
- The Technological and Economic impact of a New Cold War
- Saudi Arabia To Send Jets To Turkey As Russia Says 'A New Cold War' Has Begun
- HGST aims to speed up storage performance with new FlashMAX range
- Project FROG's plan to improve student performance with new hi-tech buildings
- Google's Page delivers solid performance; Balances new products, discipline
- The Cold War Officially Gets Renewed For a Second Season
- Iodine's Cold-and-Flu Webapp Tells You What to Take for Your Symptoms
- Cold War 2.0 As Russian Bears Buzz Carrier, Subs Snoop Around Seabed Cables
- Police Identify Ahmad Khan Rahami as a Suspect in New York City Bombing
EKWB Apologizes For X399 Waterblock Performance With Vouchers, New Cold Plate have 313 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at February 15, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.