Coronation Street fans were horrified tonight when Billy Mayhew took heroin in a church in distressing pre-watershed scenes.
The former vicar has been on a dangerous downward spiral after getting hooked on painkillers.
His attempts to go cold turkey failed and Billy resorted to getting methadone from his drug dealer brother Lee.
However, Billy plunged deeper into trouble tonight as he went for stronger drugs and took heroin in a bid to ease his pain.
Billy said: "I can't take more of this. Why do you think I called you. Please don't play with me."
"Calm down vicar," said Lee, who was still furious that his brother wouldn't let him stay on his sofa.
Lee then produced a bag containing the Class A drug from his pocket.
When asked what was inside, Lee said: "Smack, horse, heroin."
Desperate Billy, keen to stop his pain by any means possible, asked: "Will it work?"
"Oh trust me brother it's going to work," said Lee, who accepted Todd's grandfather's precious watch as payment.
Billy and his brother were then seen sat on the floor resting against the pews as they experienced the effects of the drug.
The former vicar, who is normally doing sermons in church rather than breaking the law, sat open mouthed with his eyes closed.
Lee, who had a big grin on his face, said: "This must be what heaven feels like."
Corrie viewers were left mortified watching the dark pre-watershed scenes.
“Can’t swear on tv before 9pm but can show some smacked out junkies. Can the scriptwriters just kill off the vicar already,” said one viewer.
Another added: “Getting high in the church. The Corrie writers have really reached a new low”
“Don’t really think it’s wise to describe heroin as “what heaven feels like”…what an example to set before the watershed,” said a third.
* Coronation Street continues on Wednesday night on ITV at 7.30pm and 8.30pm
- Coronation Street DEFENDS 'heroin feels like heaven' pre-watershed scene as fans demand producers get sacked over shock moment
- Nine huge Coronation Street spoilers for next week including fire horror and affair scandal
- Revealed – the soap with the most Ofcom complaints for drugs, smoking and alcohol
- Where are soap heartthrobs now - drug overdose, GMB marriage and near-fatal accident
- The Infuriating True Story Behind The United States vs. Billie Holiday - E! Online
- With horror franchises, 'Fear Street' and 'American Horror Stories' prove vibes matter more than mythologies
- Corrie is most complained about soap as it lands more Ofcom complaints than Love Island
- Important LGBTQ+ moments in British soap history from first gay kiss to domestic abuse
- Physicians Get Addicted Too
- TIME’s 100 Honoree Dapper Dan Is “Blackenizing” Fashion With Symbolism And Gucci
- A Black Police Officer’s Fight Against the N.Y.P.D.
- Where the cast of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps are now – from cast fall-outs to heartbreaking splits
- Inside EastEnders Perry Fenwick's life off soap - marrying soap rival to famous cousin
- 26 Summer Shows, No Mask Required
- Where So Solid Crew are now 20 years on from smash hit single 21 Seconds – from botched boob jobs to murder convictions
- Dr. John: The Joy and Mystery of a New Orleans Saint
- White Gay Men Are Destroying Queer Black Lives With “Party ‘n’ Play” Sex And Meth Addiction
- A Day Apartment Hunting With Natasha Lyonne
- Who Will Hold the Police Accountable?
Coronation Street fans horrified as Billy and his drug dealer brother take heroin in church in distressing pre-watershed scenes have 574 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 26, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.