So Princess Eugenie is getting married?
Here’s nine facts about the forthcoming royal wedding:
1. It will all look very familiar
Prince Harry’s getting married in St George’s Chapel in May, with the Queen’s granddaughter Eugenie choosing the same venue for her autumn wedding to long-term boyfriend Jack Brooksbank.
But whereas Harry and Meghan Markle’s nuptials will be televised and attract thousands of media and well-wishers to Windsor, Eugenie’s should be more low key.
2. The date has yet to be set
Eugenie’s father the Duke of York gave some insight into the difficult logistics of planning a royal wedding.
“We can’t fix a date yet, we’ve got to look at everyone’s diaries. It’s a bit more complicated than that,” Andrew revealed.
3. There might be lots of tequila at the reception
Eugenie’s fiance Jack Brooksbank is the UK brand ambassador for Casamigos Tequila.
The ultra premium award-winning spirit was co-founded by actor George Clooney.
4. Harry’s ex will be on the guest list
Harry’s ex Cressida Bonas is likely to be among the guests.
The prince will be expected to be there too – with new wife Meghan Markle.
Eugenie is close friends with Cressida, and originally introduced her to Harry.
The Princess is also friends with Ellie Goulding, Sir Richard Branson’s daughter Holly, model Cara Delevingne, and presenter Natalie Pinkham.
Eugenie’s older sister Princess Beatrice is the favourite to be one of the bridesmaids or even the maid of honour.
5. We’ll get to see Fergie with the Duke of Edinburgh
Eugenie’s mother, Sarah, Duchess of York paved the way for her exit from the royals in 1992 after the paparazzi snapped her topless having her toes sucked by her financial advisor.
Sarah – whose maiden name was Ferguson – was staying at Balmoral when the images were published, and the Windsors came across them in the morning newspapers at the breakfast table.
Her relationship with her in-laws, particularly the Duke of Edinburgh, was left in tatters.
In recent years, the Duchess has been to Balmoral for short breaks with the Queen, Andrew, and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie – but is only thought to have stayed when Philip was away.
She was not invited to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding.
Sarah, who also wed at Westminster Abbey, later admitted: “It was so difficult. Because I wanted to be there with my girls … and to be getting them dressed and to go as a family.
“And it was also hard because the last bride up that aisle was me.”
6. Expect more sentimental tweets from the Duchess
The Duchess has exuberantly welcomed the news of her daughter’s engagement.
In a series of tweets, she branded the news “Total joy!!”, adding: “We love Jack and I am so excited to have a son, a brother and a best friend”.
She said: “Eugenie is one of the finest people I know and so together it will be pure harmony.”
7. The cost
The taxpayer will foot the bill for police presence at Eugenie’s wedding, just like Harry’s.
With the Queen and other senior royals attending the big day, security will be tight as the monarch and her family gather for the celebration.
8. Eugenie can still stay a Princess
Eugenie – currently eighth in line to the throne – can stay a Princess and retain her HRH title after her wedding when she marries plain Mr Brooksbank.
She would become “HRH The Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank”.
She could, however, choose to relinquish her royal style and title on marriage, but this is thought unlikely.
9. But will Jack become an Earl?
The Queen could even offer Mr Brooksbank an Earldom ahead of his wedding day, which would mean Eugenie would become a Countess.
In 2016, Andrew said there was “no truth” in rumours of a rift between him and the Prince of Wales over his daughters’ participation as members of the royal family, and insisted he had not asked for any future son-in-laws to be made Earls.
More from The Courier
- Meghan and Harry enjoy positive publicity most royals can only dream of — newspapers won’t act as propaganda outlets
- Princess Beatrice 'could marry in parents' garden as she shuns royal traditions'
- The royal family's travel secrets – 13 rules Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton & more follow
- Royal Family rich list – from Queen’s £1.6bn to Charles bizarrely coining it in from surf schools
- Princess Beatrice reveals the one heart-breaking moment in her royal career that reduced her to tears
- Queen Elizabeth is Having the Best Year Ever With Weddings and Grandchildren
- Fergie breaks cover to join Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie at Ellie Goulding’s A-list wedding amid Epstein storm
- How Prince Andrew is putting Jeffrey Epstein scandal behind him by playing golf at £38m luxury villa in Spain – with Fergie by his side
- Everything Meghan Markle Has to Learn to be Married to Prince Harry
- Coronation Street spoiler accidentally revealed live on Loose Women
Nine facts about Eugenie’s royal wedding have 900 words, post on www.bucksfreepress.co.uk at January 21, 2018. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.