Scott Frost is indeed heading home.
With speculation mounting throughout the week — and with one report during today’s game having his Nebraska coaching staff almost set — Frost’s UCF Knights dropped Memphis in a thrilling double-overtime affair to claim the AAC championship. Afterwards, Frost stated he was going to celebrate with his team when asked about the NU job.
However, the Omaha World-Herald, among others, have reported that Frost has agreed to a seven-year, $35 million contract to become the ‘Huskers next head football coach. That would make Frost the third-highest paid head coach in the Big Ten, behind Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh and Ohio State’s Urban Meyer.
Frost and the university had reached an agreement on a contract earlier in the week but kept it quiet out of respect for UCF’s opportunity to not only win a conference crown but also clinch the Group of Five’s New Year’s Six bowl bid.
It’s expected NU will officially introduce — or reintroduce — Frost at a noon local time press conference Sunday.
Frost was born in the state of Nebraska and played his college football for the Cornhuskers. He is in his second season as the head coach at UCF; it’s unclear if he’ll finish out the season with the Knights.
- Flyers, Hayes agree to seven-year, $50 million deal
- AP Source: Mets, Infielder Lowrie Agree To 2-Year, $20 Million Contract
- Gopher Football coach PJ Fleck signs a new seven-year contract
- Rams sign Jared Goff to four-year, $134 million extension, guaranteed money, contract details revealed
- Collingwood set to bow to Brodie Grundy’s contract demands — and make him the highest-paid AFL ruckman ever
- Sanheim gets two-year bridge contract with Flyers
- Sofia Richie, 20, turns heads in a pink mini-dress as she enjoys date night with Scott Disick, 36, in Capri... with Kris Jenner tagging along
- Luxury Geelong homes rising to new heights as top 2pc breaches $1 million barrier
- NBCSports.com’s 50 best players in 5 years: Players 45-41
- Celebrity deaths in 2019: Famous faces lost this year from Peter Fonda to Toni Morrison
- SPOILER! Is Sam Frost's Home And Away character PREGNANT? Actress holds stomach on set as she films tense scenes with rumoured on-screen lover Orpheus Pledger
- Breaking down Jaylon Smith's contract extension, impact on Cowboys salary cap and looming deals
- 2020 NBA free agency: Top 30 players in next year's class, led by Anthony Davis, DeMar DeRozan, Brandon Ingram
- Is France’s supermarket waste law heading for Europe?
- From bloodied shirts and shuddering to HEADS on fire: Death Row witness reveals inmates' most chilling final moments
- Umar Akmal not given central contract
- Billionaire Mike Bloomberg beats Donald Trump by 6 per cent in a hypothetical head-to-head matchup, showing Democratic support for a potential run from the former Republican New York City mayor: Poll
- My Year Of Flops Case File #61
- Scott Morrison says Australia and the world will need to get used to US-China trade war
- Charlotte Protests Continue for Fourth Night Over Keith Scott Fatal Police Shooting
Scott Frost heading to Nebraska armed with seven-year, $35 million contract have 477 words, post on collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com at December 2, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.