told the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) that the United States is simply a source of all social evils. “As we have clearly stated on several occasions, we have nothing to do with cyber-attack and we do not feel a need to respond, on a case-by-case basis, to such absurd allegations of the U.S.,” the spokesperson said. “However, we can never tolerate the U.S. reckless move of using the issue of cyber-attack for the purpose of making direct accusation against our state.” “Crystal clear is the purpose of the U.S. trying to link us to the issue of cyber-attack at this very moment when it is hell-bent on making a harshest ‘sanctions resolution’ against us,” the spokesperson added. On Tuesday, December 19, the United States publicly attributed the WannaCry ransomware attack to North Korea in a White House briefing presented by counterterrorism adviser Thomas Bossert. The attack originally took place for three days in May across 150 countries using the WannaCry ransomware cryptoworm, which encrypted Windows-based PCs and demanded bitcoins in return. “This was a careless and reckless attack,” he stated. “It affected individuals, industry, governments. And the consequences were beyond economic. The computers affected badly in the UK and their healthcare… Read full this story
- North Korea denies it was behind death of Kim Jong Un’s half-brother in Malaysia
- North Korean Hacker Charged Over WannaCry Attack And Sony Hacking
- North Korea Is Main Suspect in Ruinous Hack of South Korean Bitcoin Exchange
- US Officials Say Russia Hacked Pyeongchang Olympics, Tried to Pin It on North Korea
- Was North Korea behind disruptive cyberattack on multiple US newspapers?
- North Korea Has Reportedly Caught the Blockchain Fever
- North Korea accuses US of 'gangster-like' behaviour after Pompeo talks
- North Korea suspected in attack that delayed printing of major newspapers
- North Korea human rights abuses resemble those of the Nazis, says UN inquiry
- North Korea missile launch: regime says new rocket can hit anywhere in US
North Korea denies accusations of WannaCry attack involvement have 324 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at December 21, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.