A FAMILY who have been left homeless by a fire days before Christmas admitted they are lucky to be alive.And they also want to warn people not to keep wood or other fuel close to their stove.Midi Walsh, husband Noely and four boys, Nathan, 11, Leon, seven, Bailey, six, and Callum, two, are now staying with family for Christmas.But despite going through hell just before the holidays, mum Midi is determined to make the best of the festive period and told how kindhearted emergency service staff helped reassure her children Santa would still visit them this year.Midi said: “They told them ‘we work with Santa all the time and he’ll be able to find you’.“A female garda told Leon he would be OK and Santa would find him wherever he was.“She told him they had a fire when she was small and Santa knew where to find her.”Midi added: “The fire fighters told me that our fire began when the basket holding wood for the stove ignited. Thankfully we were not at home at the time. Our house will have to be gutted and rebuilt. We couldn’t afford to insure the contents of the house so we will be starting… Read full this story
- Couple with newborn left homeless after new house move turned into deadly nightmare
- 'I've lost my best friend and never felt more alone': Heartbroken wife of legendary INXS manager who died just DAYS after being told he had cancer posts tribute to 'meteor of a man'
- Heartbroken families fear they 'won’t see their loved ones alive' without care visit law change
- 'Now you are telling me she's alive?' Moment Bond girl Tanya Roberts' partner learns she's ALIVE during live TV interview - hours after her rep said she'd died
- Mum's special Christmas for disabled baby daughter ruined by ransacking thieves
- Lucky Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? player wins £64,000 thanks to question involving her publishing job - but would YOU get it right?
- Pregnant Ashley James admits she's tried to 'switch off' for Christmas as she heads out for a stroll in 'very empty' London ahead of her due date
- Kate Middleton left visibly moved as she hears about Holocaust horrors from couple who met at Nazi concentration camp
- 'Our beautiful, caring, wonderful Libby': Heartbroken parents of student Libby Squire reveal their agony as Polish butcher is found GUILTY of raping and murdering their 21-year-old daughter
- REVEALED: Bond girl Tanya Roberts, 65, died from a urinary tract infection that spread to her kidney, gallbladder, liver and blood stream, her agent confirms two days after he and her partner prematurely announced her death
Heartbroken Irish family left homeless by a fire just days before Christmas admit they are lucky to be alive have 437 words, post on www.thesun.ie at December 22, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.