ATLANTA, GA — We’ve had a good run, Atlanta. But it looks like the unseasonably mild weather we’ve been enjoying for the past couple of weeks is coming to an end.
We’ll start out the week with pretty much the same weather we’ve been having. But, by Friday, things will have taken a turn, as the front edge of a cold front that could have us below freezing by next week moves into the area.
We’ll have a high of 66 and low of just 55 on Monday, forecasters say. The cooldown will start as early as Tuesday night, though. It’s expected to get down to 43 then. Wednesday night’s low will be 37 and we’re in for an even chillier 35 on Thursday night.
A rainy and windy patch will usher in those cooler temperatures. There’s a a 60 percent chance of rain on Tuesday, followed by an 80 percent chance Tuesday night.
And that may be just the beginning.
Extended forecasts for metro Atlanta show us getting down to a freezing 25 degrees by the middle of next week. There’s a smaller chance of rain toward the end of the week, too — 20 percent on both Thursday and Friday.
It was bound to happen, folks. Clean out the fireplace, pull out those heavy sweaters and let’s bundle up for winter in Georgia.
Here’s your work-week weather forecast for metro Atlanta, from the National Weather Service:
Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. Southeast wind 5 to 10 m.p.h. Monday night, a 10 percent chance of showers after 5 a.m. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.
Tuesday: Showers likely, mainly after 5 p.m. Cloudy, with a high near 67. South wind 5 to 10 m.p.h., with gusts as high as 20 m.p.h. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. Showers Tuesday night, mainly before 1 a.m. Low around 43. Northwest wind 10 to 15 m.p.h,. with gusts as high as 20 m.p.h. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Northwest wind around 10 m.p.h., with gusts as high as 20 m.ph. Wednesday. Wednesday night, mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. A 20 percent chance of showers Thursday night. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
Friday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Friday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
Photo via Pixabay
- India Vs Australia, 1st Test Weather Forecast: Cloudy skies but no rain on Day 1 of Pink Ball Test in Adelaide
- India vs Australia Boxing Day Test in Melbourne: Predicted Playing XIs, Pitch Report, Toss Timing, Squads, Weather Forecast For 2nd Test
- UK weather forecast: Huge 10-day Christmas forecast issued - and snow may on the cards
- UK weather forecast: Temperatures to plummet to -3C but no white Christmas, says Met Office
- Weather forecast UK- Rain and gales expected as temperatures drop & Met Office says it ‘can’t rule out’ white Christmas
- UK weather forecast including snow in your area as -2C and freeze hits this weekend
- UK weather forecast – Britain could be set for White Christmas with snow, sleet & freezing rain as temperatures plunge
- UK weather forecast: Brits brace for White Christmas as temperatures plunge to freezing
- UK weather forecast – ‘First snow’ set to hit parts of Scotland as temperatures to drop below freezing this weekend
- UK weather forecast: White Christmas on the cards for these areas as polar ice bomb looms
- UK weather forecast: Nation braced for gales and heavy rain - Met Office issues warning
- UK weather forecast: Weekend washout with heavy rain and gales to batter Britain today
- UK weather forecast: Severe cold warning as 5 days of heavy rain to soak Britain
- UK weather forecast: Met Office issues danger to life rain warning
- UK weather forecast – Winter Wonderland with Christmas Day SNOW predicted in North but ‘relentless’ rain elsewhere
- UK weather forecast – Britain could be set for White Christmas as December set to be COLDEST on record
- UK weather forecast: Warm snap before Beast from the East hits UK over Christmas
- UK weather forecast: Met Office says White Christmas 'isn't out of the question'
- UK weather forecast: Washout weekend flood risks reduced - but hail and thunder on way
- UK weather forecast: Brits to plunge into -10C as freezing fog blankets parts of country
Georgia Weather Forecast: Getting Colder This Week have 706 words, post on patch.com at December 4, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.