Update to match evolving needs of cancer patientsPatient centred care contributes to best use of available resourcesCall for increased awareness, research, education, resources for supportive and palliative careAppeal to authorities to ensure access to the best possible patient centred care LUGANO, 15 December 2017 – ESMO, the leading professional organisation for medical oncology, published a position paper on supportive and palliative care in its leading scientific journal, Annals of Oncology (1) today. Taking stock of new evidence in the field and building on previous ESMO statements (2) and dedicated Clinical Practice Guidelines (3), ESMO is calling attention to the evolving and growing gap between the needs of cancer patients and the actual provision of patient centred care, from the time of diagnosis, including supportive, palliative, end-of-life and survivorship care. “New studies in the field of supportive and palliative care show that there may be a gap between what doctors think is important or disturbing for patients, and what patients really need (4). With this new position paper, we wanted to call attention to the fact that, as well as anti-tumour treatment, cancer patients need physical, psychological, social, and spiritual support, at every stage of the disease, from diagnosis. We refer… Read full this story
- Lex Mundi Publishes New Report on M&A Trends Around the World
- Falls Church Schools Budget Emphasizes Staff Pay, New Positions
- China publishes new standards for copper and aluminum scrap
- National CORE and Linc Housing Join County and City Officials to Break Ground on New Affordable and Supportive Housing in Inglewood
- Udon Entertainment Publishing New Mega Man X Manga
- Ziegler Publishes Third Virtual Care Sector Mapping White Paper
- Is the staggeringly profitable business of scientific publishing bad for science?
- Heartbroken Parents Fight to Save Disabled Infant After Court Allows Hospital to End Life Support
- Local authorities told to focus on adoption for children in care
- What You Should Know About Progressives’ Ambitious New Medicare for All Bill
ESMO publishes new position paper on supportive and palliative care have 314 words, post on www.eurekalert.org at December 14, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.