Ant McPartlin has been seen in public for the first time since it was reported that he wants a divorce from wife of 11 years Lisa Armstrong.
The 42-year-old I'm A Celebrity host was pictured returning to the rented home he is currently living in in west London on Saturday.
He was joined by his sister Lisa and her pet dog after spending Christmas with his family in Newcastle.
Ant's left hand was hidden under a jacket he was holding, but he was not wearing his wedding ring when he was pictured with his sister at the theatre on Friday.
According to reports, Ant and Lisa are currently living apart and he wants to announce their split in the New Year – although she won't agree to a formal statement.
Ant and Lisa's marriage is said to have been under strain since he returned from his rehab stay earlier this year after admitting he had been struggling with addiction to prescription drugs and alcohol.
New reports claim he has told Lisa he wants a divorce, and she is 'struggling to accept' that things might be over between them.
A source told The Sun : 'Ant and Lisa are definitely over. He sees no way back for their marriage.
'Lisa has been struggling to accept it is the end. It is all very sad, especially with all she has gone through this year. She was clinging to the hope they could work things out.'
They claim Ant wants to release an official statement in the new year but 'Lisa has not agreed to this yet'.
'No one else is involved and they are still on friendly terms. But they are both devastated.'
Ant met Lisa in 1994 on the Smash Hits tour as teens and wed in 2006.
Metro.co.uk has contacted Ant's publicist for comment.
Got a showbiz story?
- Ant McPartlin’s ex Lisa Armstrong reveals bright orange hair as she leaves salon with dog Hurley
- Ant McPartlin’s ex Lisa Armstrong sent his new girlfriend a stream of abusive messages
- Lisa Armstrong 'plans £40K divorce party with goodie bags' after Ant McPartlin deal
- Ant McPartlin looks happier than ever with girlfriend Anne-Marie as they’re spotted out in Manchester
- Lisa Armstrong plans £40K divorce party with rosé champagne, a Frank Sinatra tribute band and Tiffany party bags
- Brody Jenner splits from ‘wife’ Kaitlynn Carter amid claims they were never really married
- Holly Willoughby 'has been supporting Phillip Schofield's wife Steph through her husband's coming out journey'... and the secret 'has been a weight on her shoulders too'
- Now coronavirus fears hit school attended by super-spreader's children: Pupils told 'stay at home' and staff 'self-isolate' as two GP surgeries, pub, care home and YOGA class are caught in Brighton's deadly disease trail
- Kate Ferdinand reveals she ‘cried every day for a year’ after moving in with Rio as she struggled to be ‘perfect wife’
- Love Island fans fear for Shaughna as she breaks down in tears and says ‘I don’t want to be around Callum’
- 'Big news coming!' Matthew Perry sparks fan frenzy with cryptic post amid Friends reunion rumours... after David Schwimmer suggested 'all-black or all-Asian' reboot should be made
- Everything to Know About Larry King's Estranged Wife Shawn Southwick King
- Phillip Schofield pays tribute to his 'incredible' wife of 27 years as he reveals he is gay: Emotional TV star thanks the woman he met when he was a teen heartthrob on Going Live!... and who he proposed to in the nude
- Attorney Lisa Bloom Resigns as Advisor to Harvey Weinstein Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
- 'Mama June' Shannon Was Reportedly Warned About Relationship With Boyfriend Geno Doak by His Ex-Wife
- Another royal split: Queen Elizabeth's grandson and Canadian wife to divorce
- Gayle King faces backlash as she's accused of trying to tarnish Kobe Bryant's name by asking WNBA legend Lisa Leslie about his rape case
- British prisoner with suspected coronavirus 'collapsed in his cell after returning from a jail in THAILAND' sparking outbreak fears at HMP Bullingdon in Oxfordshire as three inmates are tested
- INSECURITY: Take us home, IDPs beg Buhari
- Britain’s Best Home Cook 2020 starts TONIGHT on BBC One at 8pm – but what are the rules and who are the judges?
Ant McPartlin returns to rented home amid claims he ‘wants a divorce from wife Lisa Armstrong’ have 777 words, post on metro.co.uk at December 31, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.