Awards season kicks off in January with the Golden Globes—a fun dinner party for famous people in Spanx and tuxedos to eat, imbibe clear liquor, and accept awards while wedding reception-drunk. This year, Forbes writes, we need a “feminist” host—and that host is NOTED feminist hero Seth Meyers!!
Writer Casey Purcell parses the past few years of Golden Globes hosts, observing that ratings were great for the years Tina Fey and Amy Poehler co-hosted, but dipped in 2016 when Ricky Gervais did whatever it is he does. Jimmy Fallon’s hosting attempt in 2017 was bad and unmemorable. This year, though, when Hollywood is proving to be nothing more than a snake pit of Bad Men, the feminist we need—out of all the people that could host the Golden Globes—is Seth Meyers. His haircut: feminist. His predilection for button-down shirt: feminist. His name, Seth Adam Meyers: so very feminist. The fact that he has a mother: feminist as fuck, my empowered queens!!! It wasn’t clear before but it is now—we need Seth Meyers’s powerful brand of feminism more than ever!
Will he stand in front of his peers in a tuxedo and recite the entirety of Chimamanda Ngochi Adizie’s We Should All Be Feminists from memory before commencing the ceremony? Will he burn a bra while standing under one of these clear umbrellas brandishing a hammer, as a symbolic gesture towards women’s attempted struggle to break the glass ceiling? Is he a feminist because he hires women? Purcell isn’t clear about why or what makes Meyers the feminist AF male ally we NEED to dismantle the patriarchy and hand out awards—but if he is suddenly unavailable, here are some other suggestions.
- Ryan Gosling
- My dad
- My stepdad
- Nick Lachey
- Any famous Chris, but NOT Pratt!!!
- Matt McGorry
- Archie from Riverdale, but only if he’s shirtless
- Timothée Chalamet or his Call Me By Your Name co-star, Armie Hammer
- Any man, but not a woman!
Jezebel reached out to Seth Meyers for comment. We’ll update this post when we hear back.
- Seth Meyers on Trump: 'What do they have to do to keep this guy's attention?'
- Colbert, Seth Meyers, Kimmel on Mike Pence’s Lame Excuse for Not Wearing Mask
- Golden Globes Alter Eligibility Rules For Theatrical Releases In Light Of Coronavirus Crisis; Others Including Oscar Expected To Follow – Update
- Ricky Gervais Explains How He Negotiated Judi Dench Golden Globes Joke
- Who needs new late-night celebrity interviews? Relive these 15 bizarre and memorable moments
- Coronavirus live updates: US says China hid severity of outbreak to hoard supplies
- Coronavirus live updates: SF temporarily bans cars on key streets in Golden Gate, McLaren parks
- Coronavirus live updates: SF bans cars on key streets in Golden Gate, McLaren parks
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Richard Edelman says business has to step in the COVID-19 void left by politicized media and episodic government; US reaches 1 million COVID-19 cases
- The 20 Best Stand-Up Specials Available for Comedy Fans to Stream Now
- Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Kimmel Fire Back at Trump for Late-Night Attacks
- Ricky Gervais and James Corden have become the best of enemies after years of insults
- Fox Fall 2018-19 Schedule: Multi-Camera Comedy Block On Friday, ‘9-1-1’ Moves To Monday, ‘The Orville’ Returns In December
- Aspiring Cartoonist Paul Giamatti Won Late Night This Week
- Inside the Near Meltdown of Roxane Gay and Christina Hoff Sommers’s Australian Mini-Tour
- The 40 best HBO series streaming right now
- Stars are working to stay afloat with Zoom and improvised efforts, but it'll never match TV's liveliness
- Inside Kirsten Dunst's Road to Starting a Family and Finding Happiness With Jesse Plemons
- Is this Zoom on? A club crawl through the brave new world of live comedy online
- How Will Hollywood Awards Ceremonies Adapt to the Coronavirus Pandemic?
Seth Meyers Is the Feminist Hero We Need to Host the Golden Globes, Says have 620 words, post on jezebel.com at November 26, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.