The flow of China’s carbon emissions has reversed according to new research led by scientists at the University of East Anglia (UEA). The study estimates the carbon implications of recent changes in the country’s economic development patterns and role in international trade since the global financial crisis. The researchers found that emission flows have changed greatly in both domestic and foreign trade. Some economically less-developed regions, such as southwest and northeast China, have shifted from being a net emission exporter to a net emission importer. This is mainly due to the rapid growth of consumption in western China and changes in production structure. In terms of foreign trade, China’s role in global supply chains has also been experiencing a major structural shift. Emissions represented in China’s exports declined from 2007 to 2012, the period studied, mainly due to changes in production structure and efficiency gains, while the destinations of its export emissions have been moving from developed to developing countries. For example, emissions embodied in exports to North America and Western Europe declined by 20 per cent and 16 per cent, respectively, while those in exports to Latin America and the Caribbean increased by 33 per cent. The authors call… Read full this story
- Prosecutors raid BMW headquarters in emissions investigation
- Zero To Hero! This Guy Reveals Dual-Quad Tuning Secrets!
- Flow Paths To Power – Engine Exhuast and Intake Flow Path Research
- Emissions scandal latest: Mitsubishi president steps down, Suzuki involved
- Brawn: F1 against gimmicks like reversed grids for 2021 overhaul
- Ford Reveals Every Detail You Could Ever Want to Know About the Euro Focus RS
- The Effects of Reversion on Combustion Efficiency and Power
- Intake Reversion – Enginology
- Zero Emissions, All Green: Introducing the Nissan Leaf EV
- Radical BMW research vehicle revealed in patent images
Research reveals China's reversing emission flows have 284 words, post on www.eurekalert.org at November 23, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.