A heartbroken mum was found hanged after she refused to ”forgive” herself after her eight-year-old son died in a house fire, an inquest heard. Kelly-Ann Carter, 35, had desperately tried to rescue son Lucas from the deadly blaze but she was beaten back by the force of the flames and had to retreat. Just two weeks later, whilst in a state of anger at being being unable to save her child whom she called ”her world and her best”, Miss Carter drank brandy then hanged herself at the home of boyfriend Andrew Hough whilst he was asleep in bed. Her best friend Sarah Blakey told the inquest her son and her were buried just a few days apart. The hearing was told fire had broken out at 7pm on October 29 last year just six months after Miss Carter and her son described as a ”handsome and kind boy” moved into the semi detached property in Sandbach, Cheshire. Firefighters called to the scene found Miss Carter outside the property with serious burns and found Lucas upstairs in his bedroom. Both were taken to Leighton Hospital, in Crewe – but the youngster died from his injuries at 5am the following morning…. Read full this story
- I was apathetic about gun violence -- until my 6-year-old son was killed
- 9-Year-Old Girl Dies in Attempt to Cross U.S. Border With Mother and Brother
- 36-year-old man with burnt face found inside a vacant flat
- Heartbroken mum of boy, 7, electrocuted at pub has kept ashes and leaves TV on for him
- Dad, 26, dies in sleep leaving one-year-old baby and 'hole that will never be filled'
- Who is Daunte Wright, the 20-year-old Black man killed in officer-involved shooting in Minnesota?
- Family seeks answers as they grieve shooting death of 15 year old Raymond 'TJ' Phillips
- 61-year-old woman successfully gives birth to baby in Vietnam
- Mum's heartbreak as newborn baby 'left to die' by midwives in NHS hospital
- Heartbroken mum whose son took his own life pays emotional tribute to 'really good kid'
Heartbroken mum found hanged weeks after she refused to "forgive" herself for eight-year-old son dying in house fire have 328 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 16, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.