FITNESS guru Joe Wicks is now a global superstar – but his rise was no walk in the park.The six-pack king was just an Ordinary Joe nine years ago when he graduated from a personal-training college and set up his own bootcamp — only for no one to attend.He says: “I’d cycle 40 minutes to Richmond really early in the morning and set up all my equipment but no one would turn up. I found that whole period really challenging.“I wasn’t depressed but when I think back I get emotional because I feel proud I kept going when lots of people wouldn’t. I’d borrowed off my dad to do my personal-training course and thought I was never going to be able to pay him back.“I remember getting really upset one night and he said, ‘Joe, I don’t care if you never pay me back, as long as you do what you love.’“It’s always emotional for me when I think back to that moment.”The rest is history, as the curly-haired star, 32, has taken over the world with his at-home workouts and quick-and-easy recipes.Stellar book and DVD sales are complemented by a social media account about to tip two million followers… Read full this story
- Joe Wicks: ‘People say I’m a cross between Jamie Oliver and Mr Motivator’
- Joe Wicks: 'My weakness is Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food so I don't have it in the house'
- Joe Jonas Tapped For Quibi Travel Series ‘Cup Of Joe’
- Spice Girls sell out Wembley Stadium TWICE as their tour hits London: Pop legends take to the stage once more as they send fans wild and bring the house down
- World Cup 2018: Classy Cavani strikes send Uruguay through
- Samoa Joe Can't Be Stopped
- Inside Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello's Endlessly Surprising Love Story
- The Hilarious Way Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello Fell in Love—and the Surprising Choices They've Made as a Couple
- FIFA World Cup: Brazil Legend Pele Could Give Opening Ceremony A Miss
- Rugby World Cup: Ford and Farrell start as same England team that smashed All Blacks take on South Africa in final
From empty bootcamps to sold-out stadiums, fitness guru Joe Wicks on never giving up and taking over the world have 354 words, post on www.thesun.ie at November 12, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.