There are few things worse than being an obesity scientist at a holiday party. Once they learn my profession, most people skulk away, often hiding their food in the process. The brave few who remain often lean closer and quietly ask for the “secret” to weight loss —as if we scientists were a “DaVinci Code”-style cabal devoted to suppressing the true “secret” to dieting. Lately, however, I’m hearing different questions. Instead of asking about the best weight-loss program, my interrogators increasingly ask about the best app. My answer is often unsatisfying: Most apps don’t work.I’ve been studying weight loss for more than a decade, during which we’ve seen tremendous shifts. A decade ago, American dieters tended to join a gym, buy a book or join a commercial weight-loss program. Now many use one of thousands of weight-loss apps. Estimates suggest the top 10 weight-loss apps have been downloaded well over 300 million times.Yet there’s little evidence these apps will help you lose much weight. Sure, some people have used them successfully, but few apps have ever been tested in a scientific study. Those that have been tested either show poor results, or show better results only when combined with support from… Read full this story
- How to Track Your Weight Loss Without Obsessing Over Numbers
- Got Acidity? Try Sitaphal - Health Benefits Of This Superfruit Other Than Weight Loss
- Simon Cowell enjoys low-calorie lager as he shows off 20Ibs weight loss while leaving Britain's Got Talent filming with Lauren Silverman
- Weight loss story: "Gymming is my kind of partying"; Know this dentist's detailed workout with which she lost 12 kilos in 3 months!
- Fitbit flex wristband review: a weight loss tracker that makes fitness a habit
- Joe Giudice interested in MMA career after drastic weight loss: 'I have a lot of aggression in me'
- Reduce dairy intake and say no to soft drinks: Experts reveal the nine foods to avoid to ditch your belly fat for good
- The Best Apps for Intermittent Fasting
- Mum, 45, who wasted thousands on diet foods in a bid to lose weight over 22 years reveals how she shed 55kg in 12 months - WITHOUT spending a fortune
- The Privacy Problems Lurking in Apple's App Store
Bennett: For weight loss, ditch the apps have 364 words, post on www.jsonline.com at November 14, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.