“Star Trek: Discovery” has already captured my attention. I mean, it’s the Meredith Grey of Star Trek series (dark and twisty, that is). Plus, as a streaming show, everyone gets to swear (three times so far!). We’re just five episodes in, and in terms of canon and timeline, I already have lots of questions. In an attempt to get some new tidbits (or maybe a sign that we’re on the right track), I reached out to the producers over at CBS, but they politely declined (dang it) to share any secrets. (Disclosure: CBS is CNET’s parent company.)Obviously there will be spoilers, so turn back now if you haven’t seen episode 5 yet.Why have we never seen the spore drive in other (later) Treks?This has been a standing question for many viewers since the system was introduced. “Discovery” executive producers have maintained from the beginning that the entire show will *eventually* line up. At a recent New York Comic-Con panel, EP Akiva Goldsman said (bold emphasis mine), “We are wildly aware of everything that appears to be a deviation from canon. We will close out each of those issues before we arrive at the 10-year period and hit [the start of The… Read full this story
- Star Trek: Picard's First Soundtrack Releases This Week
- gets delayed again, this time until “question mark”
- Movies on TV this week: Sunday, Feb. 9: ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ on TCM and Kirk Douglas in ‘Lust for Life’ (1956)
- DR MICHAEL MOSLEY: As scientists find that a powerful hallucinogenic can 'reboot' the brain... Could magic mushrooms be the new Prozac?
- somehow nails the sci-fi book-to-TV landing on Netflix
Some Star Trek questions about 'Discovery' have 275 words, post on www.cnet.com at October 17, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.