Prince William appears in an emotional new video highlighting his support for grieving children and families.
In the video, which was released Friday, the royal dad poignantly pleads for people to “please, take one more minute to support Child Bereavement UK and help to rebuild the lives of bereaved families.”
William was 15 when he lost his mother, Princess Diana, in 1997. Her close friend Julia Samuel, who is the founder patron of the charity, previously told PEOPLE about William’s connection with those who have lost loved ones. “People can see his empathy and his compassion, which is informed by his experience but also by his years as a man,” she said. “They connect to that and find it extremely healing.
“No position protects you against the pain of your loss. That experience when he meets families is present in his face before he even speaks.”
Also included in the new “One More Minute” campaign is British soccer star Rio Ferdinand and Great British Bake Off star Mary Berry. The TV chef, who lost her 19-year-old son William in a 1989 car crash, says in the short video that if she had one more minute with him she “would thank him for being a brilliant son.”
The charity’s chief executive, Ann Chalmers, says in a statement that the new “One More Minute” campaign “taps into a human truth that will help people to understand the impact of bereavement.”
“The film touches on the longing that many bereaved families tell us they have, to be able to have more time with the person who has died. In our 23 years experience of supporting children, young people and families, this is something that is commonly expressed and that many people will relate to.
“Our vision is for all families to have access to the support they need when a child grieves and when a child dies, and our One More Minute campaign gives us the opportunity to spread the word so that families are aware that bereavement support is available through organizations like ours.”
The 40- and 60- second ads will air across several TV channels in the U.K. beginning Friday.
- Prince Harry chokes up at the WellChild Awards as he talks about becoming a father - while Meghan Markle joins him on stage and re-wears her engagement dress
- Single Parent Mothers - The Tears of a Teenage Son
- School for Overweight Teens
- Prince Andrew is Testing the Royals' Playbook For Scandal
- Redefining Empowerment-A Case Study About Effectively Marketing To Teens Without Turning Them Off
- Children Warehoused for Profit: The Truth About A Virtually Silent Industry
- Questions for an Online Family Therapist
- Youth Education, Sports Icons and Community Leadership
- Baby Boomer Beats Battle of the Bulge: "If I Can Do It - You Can Do It!"
- Does God Cry?
- Rebuild Your Relationship With Your Teenager
- Are Our Young Women In Trouble?
- Sticks And Stones And Sore Jawbones
- Child and Adolescent Anger - Ways That You Can Help Right Now
- Mariah Carey
- Children Discipline - Parenting Tips
- Pain Interferes With Listening
- Albany's Royal Rumor - Excerpted from Albany Scrapbook, Vol 1
- December Thoughts
- Keanu Reeves Does NOT Suck, And I Can Prove It
's Mary Berry Talks about Losing Her Teen Son in Emotional Video with Prince William have 517 words, post on people.com at October 20, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.