If there's one place you don't want to be getting stitches, it's probably on your penis – and that's the unfortunate fate one Argentine footballer suffered this weekend.
Albacete defender Mariano Bittolo was involved in a freak collision with one of his team-mates, which saw his sensitive meat requiring urgent attention during a 0-0 Spanish Segnda division draw with SD Huesca.
No players scored on the pitch on Saturday, and it's unlikely Bittolo will be scoring off it in the immediate future after fellow Albacete star Roman Zozulya's studs scraped down his member and cut it open as the pair jumped near each other in their own penalty area.
Bittolo was seen rolling around in agony and pounding the floor in sheer pain before being immediately substituted off.
Club doctor Eduardo Rodriguez told Spanish newspaper Marca that he required TEN stitches to mini-Bittolo after the unfortunate 82nd minute collision.
It's not expected that the 27-year-old will miss any matches as a result of the clash, so at least he's not had any insult added to the bizarre injury.
- Dundee pensioner needed stitches after man’s glass door rammy
- Bergantinos leaves hospital with 70 stitches in his lip
- Quique Sanchez Flores sweat patches leave fans in stitches
- All you need to know about Benjamin Siegrist
- Everton trio on collision course as Blues prepare for busy week
- Bloodied Malaysia exit Sudirman Cup after freak injury
- City defender tipped for major role after freak injury
- Goalkeeper headache for Klopp after freak injury to Adrian
- McCarthy needs front men to find a route to goal
- Circumcision: 'I'm scared of my own penis'
- Woman severs artery after freak accident on water slide
- Johnson accused of setting UK on 'collision course'
- Football boss loses finger after freak wedding ring accident
- Footballer accused of headbutting opponent at seven-a-side game
- Relegations and freak injuries
- Blitz knitter stitches for homeless people in Downham Market
- A fortnight where we all fell back in love with football
- LIVE: Collision and fire causing huge tailbacks on motorway
- RECAP: Collision and fire causing huge tailbacks on motorway
- Street row man injured in tram collision
Footballer needs ten stitches to his penis after freak collision have 346 words, post on metro.co.uk at October 30, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.