PUBLISHED: 19:20 30 October 2017 | UPDATED: 10:34 01 November 2017
Clockwise from right: LCD Soundsystem’s James Murphy, Bjork, and Romy Madley Croft of The xx, all of whom will headline All Points East in Victoria Park in May. Pictures: PA
LCD Soundsystem and Björk will join The xx as headliners at Victoria Park’s new All Points East festival next year, organisers have announced.
They complete an impressive bill that includes New York rockers the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, cheeky French indie four-piece Phoenix, singer-songwriter Beck and critics’ favourite Father John Misty.
The xx were revealed last week as headliners of the second day (May 26). All Points East kicks off on May 25 and runs for 10 days over half-term.
Tickets go on sale on Friday, ranging from £59.95 for a single day to just shy of £260 for the three-day VIP package.
Brooklyn’s LCD Soundsystem headline the Friday night – May 25 – off the back of the American Dream LP, which entered the British top three in September.
Icelandic pop icon Björk’s headline set on the Sunday comes in the wake of her ninth studio album Utopia, which is due for release this month.
A free four-day community festival kicks off the following day to “give the park back to the local area”, still under the All Points East umbrella. It will include kids’ activities, musicians, comedy, outdoor cinema and locally sourced food and drink.
And three more headline gigs under the title of APE Presents will take place to round off the 10-day extravaganza. Of those, only The National (June 2) has so far been announced, with support from The War on Drugs, Warpaint and Future Islands.
Other highlights of the mouthwatering line-up include innovative hip-hop producer Flying Lotus, veteran techno pioneer Richie Hawtin, Mercury Prize winner Sampha and Kiwi pop sensation Lorde, whose second album Melodrama was released in June.
The full line-up for the first weekend is as follows:
Friday, May 25
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Richie Hawtin CLOSE
George FitzGerald Live
Saturday, May 26
Rex Orange County
Sunday, May 27
Father John Misty
Flying Lotus 3D
All Points East will replace Lovebox and Field Day after its promoter Goldenvoice won an exclusive contract from Tower Hamlets Council to stage large-scale events there for the next five years.
Lovebox had taken place in Victoria Park since 2005, while Field Day moved there from its inaugural home of London Fields in 2008.
New locations have yet to be announced for either festival, but Field Day on Friday ruled out Finsbury Park – despite having applied to Haringey Council for permission to run the three-day event there.
Tickets for All Points East’s first weekend will be available from allpointseastfestival.com at 9am on Friday. But readers of the Advertiser who live in Tower Hamlets or Hackney can visit axs.com/advertiser from 9am on Thursday and enter the code APEADVERTISER when prompted to access an exclusive pre-sale.
This story originally stated that the pre-sale would go live on Wednesday. We apologise for any confusion arising from this error, which stemmed from a misunderstanding with the promoter.
- Field Day — Victoria Park, Saturday August 11
- LCD Soundsystem announce UK festival date
- Park City Critic’s Notes #2: How Should a Family Be?
- 49 Best New Android Apps And Live Wallpapers From The Last 2 Weeks (12/2/14
- Dylan, Bjork, Wilco, Stripes lead Austin bill
- Smashing Pumpkins To Headline Carling Weekend
- Daft Punk, Stooges, Muse join Lollapalooza lineup
- Devendra Banhart Kicks Off Reading Festival Final Day
- Having A Field Day With The 1990s
- The Day Before: Ryan Coogler on
- 25 FILMS I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO AT THE TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL
- Sundance Labs Announce 25 Film and Theater Projects and New “Multi-Lab” Setting
- Sundance Notes: On Political Action in Park City
- 15 Films to Anticipate at the 15th Tribeca Film Festival
- New York Dolls To Play London Festival
- 35 Best New Android Games From The Last 2 Weeks (7/22/14
- Samsung announces Galaxy A6, J3, J7 and Tab A 10.5 coming to US, all available unlocked
- Park City Critic’s Notes #5: Short Shrift
- Tribeca Film Festival Announces First Titles From Narrative, Documentary and Viewpoints Sections
- Doha Thinking Local With New Youth Film Fest
All Points East: LCD Soundsystem and Björk join The xx as headliners at new 10-day Victoria Park festival have 809 words, post on www.hackneygazette.co.uk at October 30, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.