POMPTON LAKES — Municipal Utilities Authority officials believe that a 12-inch water main broke around 1 p.m. between Beacon Hill and Hamburg Turnpike, sending a half million gallons of water cascading down the hillside. The deluge, caused by the bursting of the town’s major main, temporarily closed the Hamburg Turnpike on Friday afternoon.At around 1 p.m., residents of the Pompton Mews townhouses and Pompton Hills Apartments could see from their windows that water was rushing down down the hill behind their homes.The break on the hill occurred between the townhouses located on Hamburg Turnpike and Beacon Hill. Water gushed from the ground in several streams and officials said it is hard to determine just where the pipe broke.”I came back and saw all the water rushing down and thought, where the heck did that come from?” said Pompton Mews resident Joe Ruyzan. More: Pompton Lakes may acquire radio station WGHT More: Pompton Lakes DuPont site needs Superfund status, advocates say Pompton Municipal Utilities Authority’s Operations Manager John Wegele called the break “a bad one” but said his crews had water service restored in short order.Wegele said he had crews working on the break almost immediately. That was not before the main, which is… Read full this story
- 'Hobroken': 17th Water Main Break Since Late June Plagues New Jersey City, Floods PATH Station
- Water Main Breaks at 432 Park Ave, Tallest Residential Tower in Western Hemisphere
- Boil Water Advisory Lifted in Carteret After Major Water Main Break
- Water Main Break Sends Water Cascading onto Metro-North Tracks Below
- Repairs underway after water main breaks in Carmel Valley
- Hoboken Main Break Sends Water Gushing Through Street Near PATH
- Hoboken City Council Votes to End Contract With Suez Water
- Couple finds cases of water in abandoned Flint school
- It was the perfect town to raise a family, until they learned about chemicals in the tap water
- Legionella bacteria in municipal water systems has killed or sickened thousands – is anything being done to address the problem?
Water main break in Pompton Lakes have 334 words, post on www.usatoday.com at September 15, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.