A Mercedes driver ploughs his luxury car through a brick wall and into the Thames before abandoning the car. Neighbours described seeing the car smash through the wall at an estimated 80mph near Oxford station and into the river at around 6pm on Friday. A man, described as an Asian man in his 20s or 30s, calmly got out of the silver Merc and walked off, according to eyewitnesses. Pictures of the crash show the flash motor’s driver’s door swung open with a smashed windscreen. Witnesses said they saw the man throw a ‘bag or several bags’ into the river before fleeing. Police, ambulance and fire crews rushed to the scene and cordoned off the road within 15 minutes. The car was hauled out of the river at around 7.30pm. Norwegian student Eline was sat at home with her brother Sebastian when they heard the car come roaring down the street. Eline, 24, said: “He was driving at like 80mph. “We were just sitting in the living room and we heard him speeding to an amazing degree – he sounded like a race car driver, it was insane.” Seconds later an almighty crash shook the street as the car went… Read full this story
- Cameron: budget errors left government 'ploughing into brick wall'
- Mercedes-Benz plans to launch 10 luxury cars in India
- Higher taxes, other levies hurting luxury car sales: Audi India head
- Mum-of-three, 40, DIES and nine others are injured after a car ploughs into a MOTHERS' GROUP having coffee outside a popular Sydney cafe - as shocked witnesses describe screams for help
- Mother of three killed as car ploughs into people at bus stop at Vimala City
- Survey shows two types of people buy luxury cars
- Indian hits the jackpot in Dubai raffle,wins luxury car
- Man, 29, 'deliberately ploughed into German carnival parade': Dozens left injured when Mercedes driver rammed into families 'targeting children', before cops arrested him
- 2020 to be a big year for Mercedes-Benz; auto company plans to launch 10 luxury cars in India
- People injured after car ploughs into crowd at German Carnival parade
Mercedes driver abandons luxury car after ploughing motor through brick wall at '80mph' before ending up in Thames have 344 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 24, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.