- Brian Towne ran a controversial asset-seizure program as county prosecutor until he lost re-election
- A 17-count indictment alleges misconduct and misapplication of public funds
(CNN)An Illinois state prosecutor who had been assigned to investigate police and prosecutorial misconduct arising from a wrongful murder conviction has himself been indicted on multiple misconduct charges.
Maria Ridulph’s murder went unsolved for half a century. Then detectives pursued a tip, and a man was brought to trial and convicted in the 1957 murder of the 7-year-old in Sycamore, Illinois. Now that man is free. Ann O’Neill’s 2013 series on the case, “Taken,” raised questions about whether the trial was unfairly one-sided.
- SF civil grand jury calls for homelessness reforms
- Cardi B indicted by grand jury on unspecified charges in strip club case
- Nevada woman is the 6th to accuse Arias of sexual misconduct
- Judge who led grand jury abuse reports ‘would be huge’
- Washington state grand jury indicts witness in homicide case
- Fires, vandalism, gunfire follow grand jury decision in Ferguson
- Akai Gurley shooting: Grand jury to consider charges over police killing of unarmed NYC man
- Grand jury urges action in wake of alleged tax credit fraud
- Sundance 2019: Chinonye Chukwu Becomes 1st Black Female Director to Win Grand Jury Prize
- Grande Reserve, Yorkville, Illinois - March 2019