Your Sharp kitchen is about to get smart. Thanks to a new partnership between smart recipe startup SideChef and appliance maker Sharp, your kitchen tools and gadgets will be blessed with some newfound intelligence. SideChef is developing a new app as well as custom recipe content for Sharp’s internet-enabled cooking appliances. Beginning in 2018, you will be able to buy connected appliances from Sharp, beginning with the SuperSteam+ Convection Oven, all of which are powered by SideChef’s smart technology.
Promising a “recipe-driven culinary experience,” the new Sharp app hopes to make cooking foolproof. Simply choose your dish from the app, then let your kitchen appliance do the rest (with your supervision, of course). Already, SideChef has a collection of more than 5,000 interactive smart recipes that automatically set timers, play instructional videos, and make suggestions based on ingredients, time or day, season, location, and more.
“Sharp was looking for ways to combine convenience with perfect cooking results from our next generation of smart connected home appliances,” Jim Sanduski, president of Sharp Home Electronics Company of America, said in a statement. “SideChef already offers an award winning mobile culinary platform so partnering with them to integrate cooking operation and control was an easy decision.”
So what will an integrated SideChef/Sharp appliance actually look like? The SuperSteam+ certainly serves as a great case study, promising to be three ovens in one. This built-in wall unit creates steam at 485 degrees Fahrenheit, which takes care of the “Super Steam” component. If you are not looking for anything quite so hot, you can also use the oven as a 212-degree Fahrenheit steam oven, or as a powerful convection oven. Once the internet-enabled version launches in the fall of 2018, you will be able to have your oven cook your favorite recipes on your behalf. Just set it and forget it, and come back to a fully cooked meal. The oven will deal with timing, heat, and all the other details.
“At SideChef, we are dedicated to providing the most advanced connected cooking experience available,” Kevin Yu, CEO and Founder of SideChef, said in a statement. “We are proud to partner with a great, global brand like Sharp to pioneer the future of cooking together.”
- Your future kitchen has a smart oven, a burger-flipping bot, and 36 bacon programs
- Cook like a professional chef with the June Pro built-in smart oven
- Genius Kitchen provides inspiration and education for your cooking needs
- GE FirstBuild’s Precision Bakeware will let you know when the brownies are done
- Microwaves will be obsolete by 2027. Here’s what’s going to replace them
- How you can keep your mind sharp... and cut your risk of dementia: Try these tips and techniques from a fascinating new book by a top neurosurgeon
- ADRIAN THRILLS: Shake a leg at Sophie Ellis-Bextor's disco as her feelgood tunes bring the party to your kitchen
- MSD hits milestone in making a difference for Vietnamese
- System Shock 2: How an underfunded and inexperienced team birthed a PC classic
- A changing menu: Subtle science of how words make a meal
- The tech that keeps World Central Kitchen cooking in times of disaster
- A smarter, more reliable Healthcare.gov is coming
- At Urban Kitchen, Alibaba cooks for fans this Christmas
- Kibberia Foods opens commercial kitchen operations in Scott, to employ 100
- 'My son, two, uses the oven and cuts with real knives - and he makes cups of tea'
- Nuggets Mailbag: How will the team welcome back Michael Porter Jr.?
- The Queen's surprising fact about Buckingham Palace team revealed
- Biden Immigration Bill Would Reportedly Make Green Cards, Citizenship Easier for DACA Recipients
- Madison Prep uses zone defense, sharp shooting by Deziel Perkins to oust Carver 62-45
- So where IS all the free school meals cash going? Charity reveals how £88m 'disappears' every year as catering firms make profits and headteachers slice off top to pay staff and utility bills
- The World’s Best Music Schools Are Making Classes Available Online to Everyone
- NHL teams ready to navigate unique 2020-21 season
- Pandemic fueling a sharp rise in eating disorders, Bay Area experts say
- Airport Fashion: Zareen Khan And Amyra Dastur Make Heads Turn In Their Stylish Outfits, Pick Your Favourite!
- WHO team in China: Searching for coronavirus' birthplace
Sharp and SideChef team up to make your kitchen smarter than ever have 691 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at August 28, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.