© Sputnik / Grigoriy SisoevNew US Sanctions on Russia Increase Uncertainty on European Gas Markets – S&PMOSCOW (Sputnik) — Both Russian and European companies sustained considerable losses due to the policy of sanctions, triggered by the deterioration of relations between Russia and the West, Alexey Grigoriev, the chairman of Retail Trade Committee of Association of European Business (AEB) told Sputnik Monday. “In terms of trade, open market and transparent competitiveness are the greatest benefits for a consumer. And this is one of the main reasons why we consider the policy of sanctions and building barriers unnecessary and even counterproductive in a long-term perspective. So do not judge who suffered more from the sanctions. Everyone suffered, and this situation should be improved by all parties,” Grigoriev, who is also the head of METRO AG Representative Office Moscow, said. © Sputnik / Vladimir SergeevEU Sanctions Destructive, Highlight Irritation at Russia – Italian GovernorAfter Russia and the European Union imposed sanctions against each other, both the EU and Russian companies had to adapt to the new environment and correct their activities in accordance with the restrictive measures, the chairman added. “Today we can say that [the sanctions] gave a good impetus to the development of Russia’s agriculture sector and food industry. At the same time, the Russian market has come through numerous challenges over the past three years. This includes… Read full this story
- Jeremy Corbyn defies critics and calls for calm over Russia
- ECB has put Europe on a collision course with Donald Trump
- Europe copyright change faces key vote
- ‘A New Message’: Russia Trains Its Propaganda Machine on Africa
- Russia funded Facebook and Twitter investments through Kushner investor
- Russia and Cuba rebuild ties that frayed after Cold War
- US announces more sanctions against Russia over hacking concerns
- Russia wants to cut itself off from the global internet. Here’s what that really means.
- Huawei phones were super hot in Europe. Not anymore
- David Cameron in Russia: aiming high in trade talks, despite warning
Russia, Europe Affected by Sanctions, Need to Improve Situation – Association have 321 words, post on sputniknews.com at August 7, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.