Sylvia Mac has spent most of her life trying to conceal the extensive scars which cover her body – the legacy of a childhood accident. Here she explains why, at the age of 48, she decided it was time to stop hiding and come out into the open. There’s not actually any part of my body apart from my face that is normal.My burns start from the top of my neck all the way down to the top of my bottom, and then around the front of my stomach and down my left leg. And then on the rest of my body I’ve got lots of little pinprick holes all down my arms and my legs from where they took skin.I was very badly burned when I was three years old, suffering third- and fourth-degree burns.My mum was boiling water in saucepans for our bath. She would pour the water into bowls and she put the bowls on the bathroom floor. We were just playing around, me and my siblings, and I ran into the bathroom and shut the door. We were told not to go in there. I went in there and my sister pushed the door, and that’s… Read full this story
- EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden's brother Frank owes dead man's family $1 MILLION for 80mph car crash - but has never paid a cent in 20 years and the Democratic candidate did NOTHING to help
- 'Sitting down is challenging, but it still feels like a win': Millie Mackintosh reveals she's back in her favourite pre-pregnancy jeans six months after giving birth
- 'Doctors said he wouldn't make it': Kate Garraway reveals husband Derek Draper lost EIGHT STONE during his six-month coronavirus battle
- Inside the FBI's race to stop Austin, Texas, bombing spree
- The 25 best true crime series to watch on Netflix right now
Me and my scar: It took me 45 years to love my body have 302 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at August 14, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.