For most young people and their parents, buying a first car is a major step. One great option is to look at used cars, which can often be had for a fraction of the cost of brand-new models. We came up with 23 used cars we think are the best for the young car buyer on a budget. To make our list, we focused on cars that are available on the market right now for under $15,000. We looked for ones that are reliable, fun to drive, comfortable, attractive, economical, practical, and most of all, safe. For safety, we checked out the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) moderate front overlap crash test ratings for the cars we selected. Prices are based on current values available from Autotrader.com and reflect the lowest price we think a decent example with fewer than 75,000 miles on the odometer may cost. 2009-Present Honda Fit Starting price: $8,000 and up IIHS crash test rating: Good Why buy it: The Honda Fit has been an unqualified success across the globe for the automaker. The Fit offers fun, versatility, and reliability in a compact package. Honda’s second generation Fit, sold from 2009 to 2012, is powered… Read full this story
- The best used cars for first-time drivers under £5,000
- Almost a third of car owners have faced money troubles after spending too much on a second-hand motor
- How to make sure your car passes its MOT – these are the things to look out for
- Driverless police car could help prosecute criminals on their way to jail – and even take payment for fines
- Car makers send a record number of motors out for sale – and it’s because they’ll fail new tougher emissions tests
- 10 important things to check when buying a secondhand car
- Best GPS trackers for cars
- Icelandic car rental pioneers the use of preventative road safety system
- This is the best time to take your driving test – and you are most likely to pass THIS Saturday
- 2018 Citroen Berlingo review: is this the perfect family car?
These are the best used cars for first-time drivers have 331 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at July 26, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.