The latest sports games are not always the best. There’s an obsession with incremental changes and bullet-point features in the sports game scene, one which challenges fan’s ability to take a step back and assess each game as its own standalone title. It’s something I try and address in my own sports reviews on this site, and it’s something I’m taking to its logical conclusion here in this Quixotic attempt to pluck one game out of hundreds and call it the “best”. Sports games by their nature don’t turn up for each new season as entirely fresh products. The economics of the industry have determined that they re-use the same engine and models for years at a time, which means the difference between them can often be limited to current uniforms, a few new features and some adjustments to ball physics. And those changes are usually influenced as much by fan feedback as they are by the development teams working on them. So it’s tough looking at say Madden 17 as something entirely separate, since its creation was heavily influenced by the sales and reception of Madden 16, and it will in turn play a big part in how Madden… Read full this story
- Here are the most anticipated video game releases in August
- Best deals on video games, consoles, and gaming accessories for August 2020
- 30 of the best movies to watch on Netflix
- Sport is more important than ever after spate of AFL fan violence
- Female high school e-sports teams are blazing a trail for girls in games
- The best Mac games (August 2020)
- Bafta Game Awards reactions: 'it was a good night for women in games'
- The 30 best movies to watch on Netflix
- Every PlayStation 4 game coming out in August 2020
- Every Game Releasing In August 2020 For PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
The Best Sports Video Game Of All Time have 300 words, post on thebests.kotaku.com at July 12, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.