José Mourinho is becoming increasingly frustrated at so far adding only Victor Lindelof to his squad in the transfer window, with the Manchester United manager concerned no more major signings will be in place when the pre-season tour starts on Sunday. After United won the Europa League final against Ajax in late May, Mourinho publicly stated it was down to Ed Woodward, the executive vice-chairman, to ensure his targets were secured as soon as possible. Yet six weeks later Mourinho has seen deals for Chelsea’s Nemanja Matic and Real Madrid’s Álvaro Morata stall. The Portuguese remains hopeful the transfers of the midfielder and centre-forward can be secured before Sunday. However, it is understood that Mourinho will be dismayed if Lindelof, a 22-year-old centre-back, is the only new player who will be on the flight to America and then relations between Mourinho and Woodward could become strained. Mourinho is intent that United make a serious challenge for the Premier League title next season after finishing sixth at the close of his first term in charge. In order to do so the 54-year-old wanted to have at least three of the four key new players he wants integrated as early as possible…. Read full this story
- Roy Keane, Manchester United's Greatest Player?
- History of the Manchester United Shirt
- Manchester United the Global Brand and Club History
- Old Trafford - Manchester United's Theatre of Dreams
- Champions League Final Preview - Manchester United Vs Barcelona
- Where Does Manchester United Go From Here?
- Manchester United V Liverpool - The World's Biggest Football Rivalry
- Manchester United Look Destined to Win the Premier League
- Magnificent Manchester - An Eclectic Mix of Old and New
- Manchester - The UK Capital of the North
José Mourinho frustrated at lack of Manchester United summer signings have 288 words, post on www.theguardian.com at July 3, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.