Today is National Martini Day, and there is no better way to celebrate than by promptly ordering several martinis.
When it comes to alcoholic cocktails the timeless martini is easily the winner.
As if being the drink of choice for James Bond wasn't enough of a reason, does any other drink make you look as cool, like when you are holding a martini?
Available in gin or vodka form, there is a variety out there for everyone, and if you haven't found your favourite we advise you start tasting, pronto.
1. Best use of gin
People might say that the best use of gin is in a G&T, but these poor souls have obviously never tasted a cool, crisp martini.
Gin topped with cold vermouth is the best use of it, none of this silly tonic nonsense.
2. Hello olives, lemons and onions
When one orders a martini it is just as much about the garnish as it is about the actual cocktail.
You can opt for a whole choice of different items such as olives, lemons and even pickled onions.
And the best thing is that you can eat the garnish as well.
Seriously, how cool do people look when they nibble on the olives of their martini? You too can be one of those people.
3. Shaken, not stirred
James Bond is a fan, and that should be reason enough for why a martini is the best drink.
If it is good enough for 007, then it is good enough for the rest of us.
Plus, you can always utter that famous 'shaken not stirred' every time you mosey over to the bar to place an order.
Just look at that special distinct glass. It is a glass that announces to everyone else that not only are you drinking a martini, but it also screams out just how classy and elegant you are.
Forget trying to be cool and hipster with one of those mason jars, the martini glass is the only one worth holding.
5. So many varieties
There is no such thing of getting bored of a martini, because there are so many different varieties to try.
You can choose from a whole host of gins, and you can even jazz it up and switch over to vodka.
And if you really want to be fancy then hello espresso martini, where have you been my entire life?
6. So cool
There is no denying it, there is something so swanky about ordering a martini, as opposed to a regular vodka lemonade or cider.
7. Only two ingredients
Which means that no matter how broke you are, or how far away pay day is, you can always whip one up at home no problem.
And because there are only two ingredients anyone can make it, and make it well. None of this fifteen ingredient cocktail nonsense.
8. Never a bad type
With the two ingredients and limited garnishes there is simply no way you could ever have a bad martini.
It is too simple to be messed up, so you're always safe in being able to get your fix.
9. Get it everywhere
Unlike these newer exclusive cocktails a martini is timeless and therefore you can find it everywhere.
You don't have to explain to the bar staff what you want, or get up the Instagram page of some new pop up bar to show them what you mean, because any bar worth it's license will know just how to make a good martini.
Similar to beer, a martini will never go out of fashion, and it has stood the test of time.
It will always be seen as a timeless and classy cocktail, no matter if you are drinking it at the age of 25 or 55, it will always be fashionable.
- 10 of the best US road trip stopoffs – readers’ travel tips
- 10 of the best quieter spots in Europe: readers' travel tips
- 10 of the best novels set in Germany – that will take you there
- 10 of the best no-fly holidays from the UK
- 10 of the best long-distance walking routes in Italy
- 10 of the best wild camping sites in Scotland
- Mum-of-two found drowned in bath on day she was due to go out with children
- Transcript: Surgeon General Jerome Adams on "Face the Nation," July 12, 2020
- Allegheny Co. Issues New 2-Week Order Loosening Restrictions To Allow Outdoor Dining, Some Alcohol And Larger Gatherings Outside
- From Jaffa Cake gin to a Beer Hawks Dad Beer Box, the best boozy gifts for Father's Day
- Best picnic hampers for 2020
- 10 Reasons Why Your Nipples Itch All The Time
- ICYMI: Top takeaways from this week's "Face the Nation": Lewis' lasting impact, COVID concerns
- Best pre-mixed cocktails you can order online
- Amazon are selling five litre keg of Espresso Martini - perfect for the summer
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: Causes, Stages, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Celebrate National Rum Day with these tipples you can get delivered to your door
- World Hepatitis Day 2019: Does Drinking Alcohol Cause Hepatitis?
- Top 10 books about recovery
- Mother who was left 'overweight and depressed' after battling an addiction to alcohol and crack cocaine reveals how she finally found happiness by getting fit and losing 50lbs
National Martini Day: 10 reasons why a martini is the best alcoholic drink have 912 words, post on metro.co.uk at June 18, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.