Today is 16th June, and the blessed day that all fudge lovers look forward to, because it is National Fudge Day.
Being a lover of fudge is the easiest thing to do, because fudge makes it so easy to be loved.
It is chewy, tasty, full of rich flavour and is guaranteed to always put you in a good mood.
The perfect accompanying treat to any hot drink, and easily available everywhere, what is there not to love about fudge?
We bet you will struggle to come up with even one reason not to love fudge.
There is no other better taste in this world than that of the sweet taste of fudge.
You don't even care what flavour it is, the temperature it has been stored in, or where it came from because to you it all tastes absolutely wonderful.
2. So chewy
One of the best things about fudge is that wonderful chewy texture as you take a bite and chomp on it.
Does chocolate go gooey and squishy in your mouth? Do crisps simply melt away and cover your tastebuds in a little coat of pure joy? No.
This is why you always stick to fudge.
3. Plenty of flavours
You could never get bored of fudge, because there are so many different flavours to try.
Of course the humble toffee flavour is your favourite, but with the likes of peanut butter, strawberry and even chocolate orange out there, you have plenty of choice to get stuck into.
4. Boozy as well
Thanks to boozy fudge you get to combine your two favourite things in the entire world. Food and alcohol. Yay.
No matter what your favourite tipple is, fudge has you covered.
You can add gin, vodka, whiskey and even rum.
Can't really add all of those into other foods can you?
5. You have the perfect recipe
You have a secret recipe to make the best fudge, complete with a magic ingredient that you guard closely.
In fact you have not even written in down, just in case somebody pinches it and copies your special creation.
You guard it like the Colonel guides his precious KFC recipe.
6. Great gift
Because you love fudge so much, you want to spread the sheer joy of it, and you can do so quite easily because it makes a great gift.
Why bother handing over yet another boring voucher, or a bottle of questionable smelling perfume when instead you can give a fancy wrapped hamper full of different types of fudge?
7. Great dessert option
When it comes to dessert options you've tried them all. You have dabbled in ice cream, cheesecake and even sticky toffee pudding.
But nothing can ever beat a good solid chunk of fudge to end the meal in the correct way.
And best of all, it doesn't take several hours, the skills of Mary Berry and a lot of washing up to whip a quick batch up.
8. The seaside does it better
Along with rock and fish and chips, the British seaside makes the best fudge in the entire world. Fact.
You have actually made several trips to the seaside just to get your fudge fix, as opposed to making a visit for the actual sun, sea and sand.
There is no such as simply having one piece of fudge.
Even the most innocent ventures into a box of fudge have resulted in you putting away 12 blocks in the space of 5 minutes.
How is this even possible? You have no idea, but you do know that when it comes to fudge you have zero self control.
10. Never a bad time for it
You can have it for breakfast, it's a great mid morning snack, perfect after a lunch time sandwich, and you even find a way to include it in the annual Christmas buffet.
Basically there is never an occasion when fudge is not welcomed.
11. Can buy it everywhere
Everyone knows that if something is special, and deemed to be valuable it is easily found, hence why you always manage to pick up bread and milk from somewhere.
Well the same goes for fudge, and if you don't believe it, well think back to every single petrol station you have even been to.
Ever noticed how there is always fudge placed near the counter?
See, even the petrol station folks know how great it is.
12. You've planned trips around it
Secretly you have a list of places noted down that are well recommended for their fudge, by fellow fudge lovers.
And you are intent on finding people to trick into going with you, so you can go fill your boots with special fancy fudge.
13. You carry a stash with you
A bit like how every single grandparent in Britain carries a stash of Wether's Originals around, you carry a few blocks of fudge around with you.
Just in case the fudge craving strikes.
- Five things you should know about human rights at AkzoNobel
- A dignified man during the day, flamboyant woman at night - VnExpress International
- A dignified man during the day, flamboyant woman at night
- Vietnam goalkeeper beats tough odds in national team return
- CNN lists best things to do in Phu Quoc
- On rainy 150th birthday, nation celebrates the meaning of Canada
- Art programs celebrate National Day
- National strength makes Reunification Day
- Which are must-do things in Phu Quoc in three-day and two-night?
- 2 days or more on Phu Quoc, the pearl island - VnExpress International
- Int’l culinary festival serves up tea, coffee and tasty dishes from 20 nations
- How Vietnam’s national elections runs
- Four Vietnamese nationals jailed for stealing from Uniqlo in Singapore
- Vietnamese entrepreneurs thrive with national development
- An online rendezvous for book lovers
- Factbox: 10 ways to leave EU lover; scenarios for Brexit
- 6 interesting facts you may not know about Halong Bay
- Closing curtain: The last and tragic days of Hanoi’s beloved movie theater
- Op-Ed: The last and tragic days of Hanoi’s beloved movie theater
- One serving of fried chicken a day linked to 13% higher risk of death, study finds
National Fudge Day: 13 things all fudge lovers know to be true have 1044 words, post on metro.co.uk at June 15, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.