My last column before three Mondays off—you will love the substitutes, so come back on June 26, July 3 and July 10 for great prose and information. Today is a surprising hodgepodge, followed by my annual section of commencement speeches from campuses around the country. (Theo Epstein had a gem at Yale.) Enjoy the column.* * * Look at this photo. Tom West, the longtime Vikings PR man, took it the other day in fellow PR man Bob Hagan’s office at the Vikings’ headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minn.It’s beautiful. Hartman, 97, the longtime Minnesota columnist and radio host who is still working every week, is on the left, interviewing Moss, 40, who was in town to be told his number was being retired, and he would be enshrined in the team’s Ring of Honor. The two have had an interesting relationship. When Moss was under fire as a Viking for playing hard when he felt like it, Hartman interviewed him, and Moss famously said, “I play when I want to play.” They clashed over that, though all Hartman was doing was quoting (and in effect excoriating) the best receiver in the game.I talked to Moss about the photo, and asked him about the meaning of his meeting… Read full this story
- Tom Brady is 39: All you need to know about his historically great NFL career
- How Much Ambition Can a Marriage Sustain?
- The Latest: New Globes winners get their trophies engraved
- Zionism and Justice: The Bongani Case
- The Many Sounds of Jazz in 2019: A Listener’s Guide
- Jerusalem Gay Pride held amid threats from hard-line groups
- What can David Cameron offer those who know the danger of dreaming big?
- Jan. 18: The Halalisa Singers present 'Up to the Mountain'
- ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Mrs. Maisel’ triumph at Emmys
- Jan. 19: Halalisa Singers present 'Up to the Mountain'
MMQB: On Randy Moss, equality and commencement speeches have 297 words, post on www.foxsports.com at June 18, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.