Four health boards have more work to do before their three-year financial plans can be approved, Health Secretary Vaughan Gething has said.
He told Betsi Cadwaldr, Hywel Dda, Cardiff and Vale, and Abertawe Bro Morgannwg they had not made enough progress in tackling financial and performance problems.
It means they will continue to submit annual plans for government approval.
Together, the four boards overspent by a total of almost £120m last year.
Each is also already subject to an increased level of Welsh Government control and scrutiny.
Betsi Cadwaldr in north Wales – in special measures, the highest level of government intervention – “continues to face a number of service and performance challenges, which require ongoing support”, Mr Gething said.
Meanwhile the Hywel Dda board, serving south west Wales, “faces ongoing strategic, service and financial challenges”.
In south Wales, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg and the Cardiff and Vale boards also face performance and financial challenges.
According to the statement, the four boards will continue to get extra support from Welsh Government officials with the aim of being able to submit three-year plans this time next year.
Meanwhile the minister has approved the three-year plans covering 2017 to 2020 of six other NHS organisations.
They are Aneurin Bevan, Cwm Taf, and Powys Teaching health boards along with Public Health Wales, the Velindre Cancer Centre and the Welsh Ambulance Service.ULL
- Gears 2: Campaign and story were primary focus for improvement, says Bleszinski
- Project Morpheus VR headset specs close to Oculus Rift 2, Sony’s display needs work says report
- A Board Gaming Essential: King of Tokyo
- Coaching Platform Improves Health Outcomes, Lowers Medical Costs
- E3 Interview: Nintendo's Kaigler: 'We Need Core Gamers'
- How important is mental health at workplaces?
- Health Research Institute Release Top Issues of 2011
- Improving clinical trials with machine learning
- When a game dev makes a board game: Zach Gage's
- Statins May Have Protective Effects On Prostate Health
- From mile-high Wi-Fi to mobile boarding passes, which airline has the best tech?
- Interview: Meeting The Needs Of Hispanic Girls With
- Withings’ new Health Mate add-on makes sense of your in-home blood pressure tests
- Valkyria: Azure Revolution for PS4 Getting Improved RPG Gameplay, Graphics and More: Full List Revealed
- PS4 Voice Controls Massively Improved by 2.0 Firmware; Here Are All the New Voice Commands
- Battlefield Hardline Patch 1.02 Rolls Out Today, Brings Numerous Fixes and Improvements
- Everything You Need to Know to Start Running
- New Portable Blood Analyzer Could Improve Anemia Detection Worldwide
- ‘DC Universe Online’ Tops Steam Sales, Improvements on the Way
- Need a size 9? Nike and adidas can 3D print that for you (if you’re an NFL player)
Four health boards need to improve, says minister have 460 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at June 15, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.