During a rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa yesterday, Donald Trump was back among his base.
Speaking before adoring fans, a relaxed president explained why he chose fellow billionaire Wilbur Ross to serve as Commerce Secretary. At the end of the day, Trump said it came down to money.
“I love all people, rich or poor, but in those particular positions I just don’t want a poor person,” he said adding that, as a billionaire, Americans like Ross would be far more honest and better stewards of the American people.
“Wilbur is a very rich person in charge of commence,” said Trump. “That’s the kind of thinking we want. You know really. They’re representing the country. They don’t want the money. They’re representing the country.”
Also joining Trump in Iowa was former Goldman Sachs president Gary Cohn, now currently serving as Director of the National Economic Council.
Again, Trump laid on the praise thick.
“This is the president of Goldman Sachs. Smart. Having him represent us. He went from massive pay days to peanuts,” he said. “These are people that are great brilliant business minds. That’s what we need. That’s what we have to have so the world doesn’t take advantage of us.”
Soon-to-be Daily Beast employee Sam Stein couldn’t help but note on Morning Joe, Thursday, that the remarks would have sunk any other politician in the country other than Trump.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Donald Trump’s Lawyers Support Obama’s DACA Work Permits for Illegals
- Hillary Clinton delusional about Donald Trump's election
- Solutions in Todays Market - Dr. Phil, Langemeier, Kiyosaki and Donald Trump
- 'He's the most corrupt president in all our history!' Joe Biden tears into Donald Trump as 12 2020 Democrats take to the stage for primary debate - with field united in slamming president and backing impeachment
- A Reflection on the Donald
- Management of Funds
- Do You Want to Be Rich in MLM - Invest in Yourself
- Power Motivation For Successful Financial Management
- Marketing Skills Trump Hype Every Time
- Robert Kiyosaki Says Join Network Marketing
- Secrets of Money Management
- Want a Better School Year? - It's About Relationships
- Trump is clearly right: We don’t need new immigrants headed directly to welfare
- How to Manage Risk in Real Estate Investments?
- How to Survive AND Prosper in "The Greatest Attack on Personal Wealth" in Nearly a Century
- How Will You Manage Your Money After the Recession?
- Gordon Sondland, a key figure in Trump impeachment furor, long coveted ambassadorship
- The Best Recession-Proof Business in a Bad Economy
- A Poor Man's Guide to Real Estate Investing
- The Path to Personal Power and the Law of Attraction Marketing Crowd (Part 2)
Donald Trump Says Only The Rich Should Manage Economy: ‘I Just Don’t Want a Poor Person’ have 440 words, post on www.mediaite.com at June 22, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.