CNN Chief Political Correspondent Dana Bash said that it would be helpful if President Trump could be more “clear” in his tweets so that a prominent member of his legal team doesn’t get caught up in a back-and-forth trying to downplay it.
After the president tweeted that he is under investigation, Jay Sekulow told Chris Wallace that he was just talking about the reporting on the subject and was not confirming anything. He and Wallace got into a big back-and-forth about whether the president is under investigation or not.
Bash told Wolf Blitzer tonight that it’s “very difficult to say everything you want to say in a tweet,” which is one of the reasons people don’t want the President tweeting like this.
“It wasn’t clear in the tweet,” she said, “and when you’re President of the United States, you’ve got to be clear. Period.”
Bash also noted that it’s “frustrating” supporters of his that he’s tweeting over and over about this stuff instead of focusing more on the agenda he promised he would carry out.
Watch above, via CNN.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- Donald Trump tweets image of himself as ROCKY after arriving at one of his golf courses to start his family Thanksgiving vacation in Mar-a-Lago
- Trump Biographer Says President's 'Lying' Over Ukraine Scandal Is On A Whole New Scale: 'All Of It Is A Lie'
- Steelers’ Devlin Hodges Under Fire for Tweets Supporting President Trump
- Donald Trump tweets bizarre doctored image of his head on Rocky Balboa’s body
- Donald Trump tweets pic of himself as Rocky after claiming doc who performed his physical praised his ‘gorgeous chest’
- 'Anonymous' author taunts Donald Trump and warns president 'will hear from me, in my own name' before 2020 election—and reboots guessing game by saying Navy will beat Army in football rivalry game
- Donald Trump tweets doctored picture of himself as Rocky Balboa, sparks up Twitter
- Kirstie Alley Goes After Bette Midler for 'Pure and Real Racism' Trump Tweet
- Trump tweets picture of his head on Rocky's body - but no one is sure why
- Trump’s Wacky, Angry, and Extreme August
- Biden accuses Trump of 'clear-cut corruption' for asking Ukraine's president EIGHT TIMES to investigate his son Hunter, as former VP calls for 'immediate release of call transcript' between the two leaders
- Second Amendment advocates warn Trump over support for "red flag" laws
- Fox News is Donald Trump's greatest impeachment defence. Here's how that happened
- Nuka Cola Anyone? Trump Appointees Roll Out Vicious Verbal Barbs Against Ottawa
- Even for Trump, it’s been a busy stretch of media attacks
- Here Are All The Times Donald Trump Has Defended Himself About Hurricane Dorian Hitting Alabama
- 'Morale Problem': Donald Trump's 'Impulsive' Decision-making Triggering Wave of Dismay in Pentagon
- In Trump’s GOP, Purple Heart Winners Aren’t Patriots Unless They’re Loyal to the President
- Worry rises in military over Trump's decision-making
- ‘American Horror Story: Cult’s’ Shocking Trump Election Opener Is Brilliant
CNN’s Dana Bash on Trump’s Tweeting: When You’re President, ‘You’ve Got to Be Clear’ have 496 words, post on www.mediaite.com at June 19, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.