A 14-year-old boy was rushed to a hospital Tuesday after he was hit by an errant bullet while walking in the Sunnydale housing development in San Francisco, officials said.
The boy was walking on the 1500 block of Sunnydale Avenue about 9:15 p.m. when the gunfire erupted, according to the San Francisco Police Department.
When the boy heard the shots, he ran toward his home nearby, police said.
It was only when he felt pain in his left foot that he realized he’d been shot, according to police.
Police do not believe the boy was targeted in the shooting.
He was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
No arrests have been made.
Filipa Ioannou is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer. Email: [email protected]
- Fifteen-year-old boy dies of the Black Death in Mongolia amid increasing fears of an outbreak
- 11-Year-Old Boy Shot By Stray Bullet In Brooklyn
- 14-year-old driver charged over Rakaia crash bailed with 24-hour curfew
- 11-Year-Old Boy Playing In The Street Is Latest Victim In Citywide Spike In Shootings
- 14-yr-old boy beaten to death by mother, uncle for stealing N21,000
- 14-year-old girl tells court how grandfather’s caregiver raped her
- Police: ‘Armed And Dangerous’ Suspect Allegedly Yelled ‘Die’ During 8-Year-Old Boy’s Fatal Stabbing
- Police arrest 12-year-old boy over racist abuse of Crystal Palace star Zaha
- 9-year-old New Orleans boy is the latest child victim of gun violence in the US
- 'She was real weird': Girl, 14, accused of brutally murdering her 10-year-old cousin during a sleepover tragedy pretended to be a tiger and 'hissed' at people, her school friend says
- Boris Johnson’s grandfather’s former home help recalls how 10-year-old future prime minister used to tease her when he came to visit and was already sporting an ‘unruly mop of blond hair’
- 1-Year-Old Among 18 Dead, 47 Wounded During One Weekend Of Chicago Shootings
- Chicago mom whose 7-month-old was grazed by bullet has message for shooters: 'Turn yourself in' or stop violence
- Police: 12-year-old killed after homes hit by gunfire
- A 13-Year-Old Who Wanted To Play Cops And Robbers With His Dad's Gun Shot And Killed His Younger Brother
- A 13-Year-Old Will Be Tried As An Adult For Shooting And Killing His Brother While Playing Cops And Robbers
- Sentencing begins for mother of five-year-old AJ Freund who admitted to beating her son to death and burying his body in a shallow grave
- Fundraiser set up for family of 1-year-old shot and killed at New York City cookout
- Lawrence Jones on 1-year-old's death in NYC: Shouldn't be this hard for GOP to defeat 'incompetent' Dems in cities
- Horror in the bush: How a sleepy town has been left rattled by the death of a 10-year-old girl allegedly killed by her cousin, 14, in a crime so shocking we can't tell you the gruesome details - as cops search for 'murder' weapon
14-year-old boy hit by stray bullet in SF housing development have 472 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at June 28, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.