VIEWERS are gripped by the twists and turns of a real criminal murder trial in Channel 4’s new documentary-drama hybrid.
The show aims to reveal the inner workings of the justice system and as the closing speeches are heard - what exactly is The Trail: A Murder In The Family about? Here’s all you need to know…
The Trial: A Murder In The Family is a ground-breaking five-part series being shown across one week on Channel 4 continuing with episode five TONIGHT (May 25).
A fictional crime is authentically tried by a team including practising QCs, a genuine judge and a jury of 12 members of the public.
A hybrid of drama and documentary, The Trial aims to both hook viewers with the real twists and turns of a criminal murder trial and reveal the inner workings of the justice system.
The trial centres around the murder of 38-year-old Carla Davis, who was strangled to death in her own home.
The accused is her estranged husband, Simon. Giving evidence at the trial will be forensic experts, police officers and eye witnesses as well as friends and relatives of both the deceased and the accused.
Secrets of what being a juror entails will be revealed when cameras follow them into the deliberation room as they try to reach their verdict.
The only actors are the accused, the deceased and some of the witnesses.
Ashes to Ashes star Michael Gould plays Simon Davis, a man pleading not guilty for the murder of his wife.
While Downton Abbey’s Emma Lowndes stars as the dead wife Carla Davis and former Hollyoaks star Kevin Harvey plays her boyfriend at the time of her death, Lewis Skinner.
The series is directed by BAFTA winners Nick Holt and Kath Mattock .
- Seven threw Angela in the bunker and then under the bus - as she unleashes a secret weapon on the way out... ALEX MICHAEL recaps Big Brother
- Teenager, 16, is accused of murdering motorcyclist, 20, by putting a bicycle on the road after the victim had 'wound him up' by revving his engine in a 'provocative way', court hears
- 'American student on trial for stabbing murder of newlywed cop he 'mistook for a drug dealer' during bungled cocaine deal in Rome claims he's been kicked, punched and spat at by police at the precinct
- Phil Keoghan On The Cast Of ‘Tough As Nails’: ‘We Need To Be Celebrating These People
- Romanian national extradited to UK after arrest over 'hammer murder' of gran
- Accused murderer Katia Pyliotis seeks to abort fifth trial after bombshell diary discovery
- Princess Diana’s bombshell Panorama interview to feature in Channel 4 documentary piling more misery on royals
- Meghan Markle and Harry latest news: Ex-royals carbon footprint could be 26 times that of the average Brit
- Who is Karen Gibson? Celebrity MasterChef 2020 star and The Kingdom Choir leader
- Claim: Ancestors of New York Times Family Included Slave Owners, Confederate Supporters
- Peacock is live: Prices, free trials, discounts, devices, shows and movies
- Peacock: Prices, free trials, discounts, devices, shows and movies
- Broadchurch's magic touch: As 'the best British TV drama ever made' airs again in lockdown, FEMAIL reveals how cast members went on to become an Oscar winner, a Broadway success and the first female Doctor Who
- Big Brother fans left shocked as Michael Barrymore's controversial Hitler impression in 2006 is re-aired... after Best Shows Ever special revealed it had removed some scenes to avoid offence
- Viewers’ outrage at Michael Barrymore doc Body in the Pool as they ask how party guests ‘can live with themselves’
- First look! Channel 10 release sneak peek of Pilot Week show Sydney's Crazy Rich Asians… and Love Island's Jaxon Human makes a cameo
- Michael Barrymore says Stuart Lubbock’s dad 'knows he’s innocent' but 'points finger for publicity'
- Saudi embassy worker tells Khashoggi murder trial he saw many 'skewers of meat' and was told by 'panicked' staff to light the oven on day the journalist was killed and dismembered
- Michael Slager prosecutor: Believe bystander’s video, not fired cop
- Michael Slager "a very good officer," former boss testifies in murder trial
What time is The Trial: A Murder in the Family on Channel 4 tonight, who’s in the cast with Michael Gould and what is it about? have 659 words, post on www.thesun.ie at May 25, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.