PRINCESS Bea’s ex has taken his new fiancee on a romantic holiday to the French Riviera — just months after he knocked back the young Royal’s marriage ultimatum.
High-flying US exec Dave Clark, 32, called time on their 10-year relationship after she demanded he marry her last summer.
He has since been dating New York advertising executive Lynn Anderson, 31, and has swiftly gone down on one knee.
The pair were spotted as they arrived at Hotel du Cap Eden Roc in Antibes.
They looked delighted as they disembarked from a boat to be greeted at the luxury destination.
US-born Dave – dubbed “Mr Smiley” by Bea’s mum, Sarah, the Duchess of York – met Virginia-born Lynn in the US, where he is an executive for cab app Uber.
A source said: “Dave is smitten.”
The Queen’s grand-daughter, 28, was left devastated after they broke up but is said to be “super happy” at his news.
She could even attend the wedding, sources said.
Among the others expected to be “super happy” is Prince William.
He never approved of his cousin’s choice, finding him “indiscreet”, and refused to invite Dave to the Royal Wedding in 2011.
Before their split many feared the Succession of the Crown Act had held the couple back from tying the knot.
The Act obliges the first six in line to the throne to ask the Queen’s permission before they wed.
But the Duke of York’s eldest daughter was pushed back to seventh in line after last year’s birth of Princess Charlotte – and issued her fatal ultimatum.
- The criminals put behind bars in Greater Manchester last month
- Mel B set to return to UK after more than 15 years in America
- Japan’s reluctant princess, Empress Masako
- 10 amazing ways to see Spain in 2019
- Dad's Army, royals or saints
- Nicky Haslam: How will Boris decorate No. 10?
- When Billionaires Need Custom Clothes, Ralph & Russo Are Here
- Ellie Goulding on swearing off men
- Locked up in June: The 19 Hull criminals now behind bars
- See the full line up for Film Feast 2019
Princess Beatrice’s ex Dave Clark whisks new fiancee off to French Riviera months after ending 10-year royal romance have 337 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 22, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.