Gary Craig Rochester Democrat and Chronicle Published 9:32 AM EDT Sep 24, 2018 For the second time a jury has been unable to reach a verdict in the trial of a Rochester man accused of a murder outside of an Erie County AAU basketball game. On Friday a state Supreme Court justice in Erie County declared a mistrial in the murder trial of Andre Lewis after the jury was unable to reach consensus. This was the second hung jury in the case; an earlier jury failed to reach a verdict in May, leading to the retrial of Lewis. There has been no question that Lewis fatally shot his former stepfather, Robert Todd Echols, after an April 2017 AAU game in the Buffalo suburb of West Seneca. Lewis admitted it; dozens of witnesses saw it; the homicide was captured on a surveillance video. But Lewis has maintained that he acted in self-defense, while prosecutors say that evidence from the video — showing Lewis shooting Echols when Echols was on the ground — proves otherwise. Echols was previously married to Lewis’ mother. A Buffalo News article from the first trial said that, according to testimony, Echols and his ex-wife argued after the game. According to the Buffalo… Read full this story
- Grace Millane’s parents arrive to face the man accused of killing their backpacker daughter on the eve of her 22nd birthday as his murder trial begins in New Zealand
- Man accused of 'bashing rock star Angry Anderson’s son to death while high on MDMA' to stand trial for murder
- Man accused of Tinder date murder met another woman while the body lay in a hotel room
- Man accused of murdering paedophile 'after performing sex act on him for alcohol'
- Man accused of Grace Millane murder 'Googled for "flesh eating birds" and "vultures"'
- Grace Millane trial live updates: Man accused of murdering Brit he met on Tinder
- Man accused of stabbing two teenagers to death at house party appears in court
- Grace Millane trial: Man accused of killing Brit claims she died from 'rough sex by accident'
- Indian man allegedly murdered 10 people by lacing medicine and religious offerings with cyanide
- Grace Millane trial: Man accused of killing Brit 'contorted body into suitcase'
Jury deadlocks again in trial of Rochester man accused of murder have 358 words, post on eu.democratandchronicle.com at May 15, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.