A MUM was left horrified after discovering Google Street View published NAKED images of her two young children outside their house playing in a paddling pool.
Laura Haslam, 27, was outraged after finding out daughters Brooke, four, and Eva, three, were snapped by internet giant Google Maps outside their fenced-off home.
The youngsters’ faces were blurred in the images – but their naked bodies could clearly be seen.
Laura, 27, said: “It’s quite scary because I don’t know how many people might have seen it.
“I don’t know how long it’s been there for, but it looks like it was taken last summer.
“It was a hot day and I put the paddling pool out at the front of the house because that’s where the sun is – but I certainly won’t be doing that again.”
Laura, a business student at Blackpool and The Fylde College, made the alarming discovery last week after being alerted to it by a neighbour in Salisbury Avenue.
She reported the image, which was taken in 2016, to Google and contacted the police, who also contacted Google about having the image removed.
The pictures have since been fully blurred and the girls’ bodies can no longer be seen.
Speaking about the image, Laura, of Poulton Le Fylde, Lancs., said: “I couldn’t believe it when a neighbour knocked on the door and said ‘you need to look on Google maps because your kids are naked on the internet’.
“I honestly thought nothing of it and thought he was winding me up – but then I was just so shocked to see it.
“I mean, they had their faces blurred out but it was enough for a paedophile to get a kick out of it.”
Laura, who is engaged to Jordan Senior, 33, said she has kept the original image just in case she becomes involved in legal action.
Mum-of-two Laura said: “I know I would never win taking on the likes of Google and their army of lawyers – but something needs to be done.
“I know they automatically blur faces, but surely they should scan the area for naked bodies – any pervert could have looked at my kids on there.
“Why is it acceptable to show their bodies and not their faces?
“The images have been totally smudged now but I don’t know why they didn’t do that in the first place.”
She added: “Like, if I was sunbathing topless in the garden, I wouldn’t, but let’s just say I did, and that image of me got out – I would be devastated.”
Laura told the Knott End and Preesall Pre-School where her children are pupils about the incident and the nursery has posted warnings to parents.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “A request was sent to Google to remove the image of the children. The complainant was also advised to send a request.”
A Google Street View spokesperson said: “Google takes a number of steps to protect the privacy of individuals when images are published to Street View.
“We automatically blur sensitive information like faces and vehicle licence plates and in this case although the faces were already blurred, we applied additional blurring to the image when requested.”
- Mum horrified after spotting another woman BREASTFEEDING her baby at nursery
- Parents issued chilling warning after sick trolls upload cartoon to YouTube with hidden message telling kids to kill themselves
- Mum in 'utter disbelief' her quiet neighbour was child rapist
- Katie Price finally cleans up mucky mansion as new pics show she’s got rid of rubbish and mouldy mattresses
- Facebook and Google must be broken up to allow more alternatives for users, Philip Hammond to pledge
- Dying mum leaves poignant message on daughter's wedding shoes
- 34 criminals including killer mum and Sean Cox attacker jailed in February
- Playing the game
- Mum tries out underboob-baring swimsuit in X-rated parody
- Disappearance of Madeleine McCann Netflix doc shows pic of Maddie playing at a kids club days before she was snatched
- The last families living on an abandoned Hull street
- Hull parents are 'petrified someone will take their kids'
- Is John Bercow a remainer, does the Commons Speaker have a say over Brexit and what has he said about Trump’s state visit?
- Most baby groups are just a pain in the a**e
- First British recruit to join Isis with suspected links to western kidnappings revealed as Londoner Hudaifa Elgerbouzi
- Affordable housing: Why these Texas schools employ house hunters
- Dystopian drama, circus capers and offbeat beasts
- My violent ex tried to lure me to his home in a fake suicide bid – but planned to attack ME with a weapon
- Bikini babe attempts impressive pole routine on beach – does NOT go well
- Raheem Sterling: 'It's 2019. I think there should be a real punishment for this'
Horrified mum says Google Street View published naked pics of her two kids playing in paddling pool have 781 words, post on www.thesun.ie at May 16, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.