Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman has been a aprt on-field spats with the likes of Odell Beckham Jr., so how will NFL rule changes affect him?
Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman, their prized free agent signing in 2016, has something to think about when it comes to his aggressiveness. The NFL rule changes for the 2017 season (per NFL Communications) includes the following rule:
Makes permanent the rule that disqualifies a player who is penalized twice in one game for certain types of unsportsmanlike conduct fouls.
Last season, Norman racked up 14 penalties resulting in a loss of 103 yards. Out of those 14 penalties (according to nflpenalties.com) eight of those penalties included illegal use of the hands, unnecessary roughness, and unsportsmanlike conduct. Those eight penalties cost the Redskins 68 yards. The loss of yardage came in the following games:
- Illegal Use of the Hands: Week 2 vs. Dallas Cowboys, Week 8 vs. the Cincinnati Bengals, Week 16 vs. the Chicago Bears.
- Unnecessary Roughness: Weeks 3 and 17 vs. The New York Giants
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Week 4 vs. the Cleveland Browns, Week 17 vs. NYG
The Redskins had to deal with five penalties from Norman in their 27-27 tie against Bengals. Out of the five, two were declined, leaving a loss of 15 yards. The following Monday after the game, the Washington Post’s
“What am I going to change? My aggressiveness? My [beast mode] while I’m out there? For what? No. It’s what we do. “
Norman has had time to adjust. Everyone from the coaches to the referees has told him the expectations. If he thinks he can repeat his behavior in the upcoming season, he’s wrong. Redskins president Bruce Allen recently proved anyone is replaceable.
Josh Norman will have to choose: Be a liability or be a team player. It’s time to walk away from the conflict. If he can’t, he won’t stay a Redskin for long.
This article originally appeared on
- Daniel Snyder's alleged lewd remark about Washington's cheerleaders revealed in new report
- Oscars Vs. Super Bowl? NFL’s Pandemic Contingency Plan Could See Both TV Events Headed For The Same February 28 End Zone
- 100 burning questions about 2020 NFL season with kickoff just months away
- Washington Football Team misfires on hashtag attempt, will take fan input on new concept
- Washington Football Team probe leads to legal fight over mystery confidentiality settlement: report
- Broncos coach Vic Fangio: 'If society reflected an NFL team, we'd all be great'
- NFL with no quarterbacks? The league's Covid-19 problems are just starting
- NFL's 49ers plan to play their next two 'home' games in Arizona after county health officials imposed a three-week ban on contact sports that head coach Kyle Shanahan called 'disappointing'
- 49ers Blindsided by County Rules that Make them Homeless
- 5G will change the world. China wants to lead the way
- FMIA Week 12: COVID Wreaks Havoc on the NFL, But What Did We Expect?
- Litwin's Locks: Pac-12 Week 1 and NFL Week 9
- Washington vs Steelers live stream: how to watch NFL week 13 game anywhere now
- NFL Week 13 AFC East Picks: Dolphins Beat Bengals ‘By Double-Digits,’ Says CBS Miami’s Mike Cugno
- The virus' toll: How 32 NFL teams have been hit by COVID-19
- What To Do With Carson Wentz? NFL On CBS’ Amy Trask Says Eagles Will Have ‘Hard Time Building Around Him With That Contract As It Is’
- PFT’s NFL Week 14 2020 picks
- Texas AG files Hail Mary legal bid to overturn Joe Biden's victory by asking Supreme Court to rule out millions of 'unconstitutional' mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia and Wisconsin
- President Trump Adds Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton, Josh Hawley And Others To SCOTUS Nominee List
- Changing of the guard: Rockets, Wiz make Westbrook-Wall deal
Washington Redskins: Will Josh Norman Adjust To New NFL Rule Changes? have 611 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 3, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.