Only seven (count ‘em!) days left until the biggest draft day in all of North American sport, and the other half of the league have also been busy in plugging perceived holes in their rosters. It is akin to a sporting Cold War: teams are not only desperate for their draft information not to get out, but are also trying to feed the press misinformation to throw everyone else off their strategy. The only certainty for draft day is that Roger Goodell will be heavily booed when he takes the stage on April 28. Here’s my outlook for the NFC – I will have a go at posting one mock draft closer to the date. NFC East Eagles This year, their free-agency focus was on surrounding Wentz with some weapons; first they acquired wide receiver Torrey Smith on a reasonable deal ($15m, three years), followed by the best wide receiver on the market in Alshon Jeffery in a slightly curious one year “prove-it” of $9m. They have moved on from some defensive players such as Connor Barwin, but still figure to play fiercely with All-Pro defensive tackle Fletcher Cox the linchpin. I was a huge fan of Timmy Jernigan at… Read full this story
- Denver Nuggets’ pre-draft workouts keep international flavor by welcoming 7-foot-1 Tryggvi Hlinason of Iceland
- Anfernee Simons shows Lakers he’s ready for NBA after unusual route to pre-draft workout
- Chandler Taylor pre-draft performance lands him in Houston with Astros' 10th round pick
- Basketball: Nana Foulland invited to 76ers pre-draft workout
- As Sixers ponder move for Kawhi Leonard, Kevin Knox impresses in pre-draft workout
- Where Does Case Keenum Go In a Re-Draft of the 2012 NFL Draft?
- Where the 49ers draft class stands heading into training camp
- NBA Draft: LiAngelo Ball stressed he’s open to all possibilities on playing future
- 2018 NBA mock draft: Pick-by-pick analysis of the full first round
- Charlotte Hornets history: How NBA draft week is often trade week, too
2017 NFL pre-draft primer: NFC have 317 words, post on www.theroar.com.au at April 21, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.