Despite Lamborghini’s Stephan Winkelmann moving over to head Audi Sport GmbH—the ‘fun’ side of the German brand—no fun is to be had in anything resembling the desirably derivative Audi Sport Quattro concept from 2013. It is officially dead. The bossman himself has confirmed there will not be a production model of the Audi Sport Quattro anytime soon or probably ever, according to Car And Driver. Advertisement Sure, you can call me ridiculous for waiting five years for a low-volume heritage sucker punch of a concept car and still think it might have a shot, but I’d point you to two things. The first is that the man behind the crazy-ass Lamborghinis of recent years became responsible for making the call on that dreamer’s dream of a concept car, and second, the new Acura NSX still happened somehow. It just isn’t going to happen, though. Audi is too busy making money and adding ‘S’ and ‘RS’ to everything. From Car And Driver: “It’s a nice dream,” new Audi Sport boss Stephan Winkelmann admitted, “but I think we have so much in front of us that the most important thing is to get the lineup where we need it. I think there… Read full this story
- Call the plastic surgeon; Audi might produce the face-melting Sport quattro concept
- Audi Sport quattro laserlight concept to debut at CES (insert laser pun here)
- Stunning Audi ‘nanuk’ quattro concept pumps 544 hp from a V10 diesel
- Audi’s TT ‘ultra quattro’ Concept car is ultra lightweight – and ultra cool
- Audi A1 Quattro amazes, but only for Europe
- PS4 Exclusive Gran Turismo Sport Gets a Ton of New Screenshots; Shows Spectacular Lighting
- Yamaha’s Sports Ride concept is designed to feel more like a motorcycle than a car
- DOA: Dimensions has Only One New Boss?
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier – Episode 3 Review — Ties That Bind
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier: Episode 4 Review — No Hard Feelings
The Audi Sport Quattro Concept Is Dead Despite A New Boss From Lamborghini have 327 words, post on jalopnik.com at March 27, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.