MASTERCHEF star Gregg Wallace has revealed he felt “self-conscious” when he first started dating his wife, 21 years his junior.
Appearing on Lorraine today, the 52-year-old TV star opened up about their love story, after first speaking on Twitter.
The pair married in August last year, with Gregg‘s co-host John Torode serving as best man.
And opening up on the moment they first met today, Gregg said: “I try to reply to as many people as possible [on Twitter]. I did a programme cooking with duck and rhubarb, and she [Anne] sent a message saying ‘does that really work?’
“I went to reply, and looked at her photo and thought ‘oh my word. You’re a pretty girl.’
“So I sent her a message and we started sending messages. Then I sent her my phone number, this was five years ago.
MOST READ IN TV & SHOWBIZ
Phil kisses Holly & wraps arm around her on last This Morning of 2019 after feud
EAM AND FIRE
Phil takes sly swipe at Ruth and Eamonn on last This Morning show of the year
Kris Boyson squeezes into tight jeans as he shops for cheap diamonds with Katie
joss what she needs
I’m A Celeb’s Jacquline screams and hugs family at welcome home party
Corrie’s Lucy-Jo Hudson reveals she’s having a baby boy after Alan Halsall split
Whitney desperately tries to escape rapist’s son Leo in shocking EastEnders plot
“She came down to London to have dinner with me, and she said it wasn’t until we got to the restaurant, that she was comfortable it was really me and not an imposter.”
He added: “I think it’s just luck, and I got very lucky this time. Very lucky.”
As Lorraine asked about the age gap, Gregg said: “Anna doesn’t seem to be at all concerned about it. I was.
“I spoke to her parents at length, they’re Italians, I said ‘I’ve been married before, and I’m a lot older than your daughter’ and her mum said ‘yes but your kids live with you and your mum lives round the corner so you must be OK’.”
He went on: “But, it was going out to nice places, like Bluewater shopping centre in Kent, Anna would want to hold my hand.
“People look at you anyway and I felt really conscious because she was younger, and I didn’t want people to judge her harshly. It was doing the ordinary things.”
The star then opened up on his partnership with John on Masterchef, adding: “I have a very close relationship with John… He was best man at my wedding. We’re very close to each other physically and emotionally.
“We trust each other.”
Got a story? email [email protected] or call us direct on 02077824220
- Gregg Wallace didn't want his wife to have 'fat, old husband' before shedding 4 stone
- Gregg Wallace says lockdown ‘has been brilliant’ for his health after four stone weight loss
- Gregg Wallace looks totally different with full head of hair in hunky throwback
- Ant McPartlin says girlfriend Anne-Marie and her two kids are his ‘greatest love’ alongside dog he shares with ex Lisa
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians producer Ryan Seacrest reveals the show started with a camera from Best Buy: 'They changed entertainment forever'
- How Louise Redknapp, 46, embraced her sex appeal after ditching ‘Stepford Wife lifestyle’ & finding her fire on Strictly
- I’m A Celebrity 2020 full line-up revealed as BBC Radio 1 DJ Jordan North becomes final contestant to rough it in Wales
- The Ripper files: In gripping words and photos, the life and crimes of psychopath Peter Sutcliffe who terrorised a nation (and the wife who stood by him)... and the police blunders that let him kill and kill again
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: One horror crash that Bernie Ecclestone must be enjoying - his former son-in-law James Stunt's precious metals company is to be wound up
- 'I am so nervous but so excited!' Billie Faiers is CONFIRMED as the 11th Dancing On Ice 2021 contestant... as delighted star steps out with son Arthur, 3, in Essex
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Nobby Stiles to Sean Connery
- Dominic Cummings says he DIDN’T break lockdown with 260-mile trip to parents as Boris’s top aide faces calls to resign
- Where are The Apprentice winners now - surprise split and fiery Lord Sugar bust-up
- Woman, 22, claims her pooch saved her life by 'sniffing out' her life-threatening sepsis caused by third-degree burns due to a bad reaction to hair dye
- Friends A-list guest stars - from feuds and flings to furious real life loves
- The Great 21st-Century Treasure Hunt
- The best shows to binge watch on Netflix right now
- Dominic Cummings 'is set to resign' after No10 meltdown: Boris Johnson's chief adviser 'will follow his ally Lee Cain out of the door in the New Year' after the Prime Minister reportedly talked him out of quitting this week
- PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Lily James is seen in public for the first time since scandal with married Dominic West as she breaks cover for dinner with long-time friend Dominic Cooper
- The 90 best series to watch on Amazon Prime
Masterchef’s Gregg Wallace, 52, reveals he felt ‘self-conscious’ when he first started dating younger wife Anne-Marie Sterpini, 31, during Lorraine appearance have 853 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 30, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.