On Saturday, April 1 from 11:00 – 12:30, the Wilton Historical Society will hold a workshop for kids on – of course – the history and fun of April Fools’ Day, which is celebrated by sending people on fruitless errands, giving inedible treats, and other pranks. According to the Library of Congress, the origins of the strange custom of playing pranks on April 1 is murky, though the practice was known in Renaissance Europe and probably has roots older than that. Museum Educator Lola Chen will lead the fun with stories of hoaxes and pranks, and will likely tell the kids about the famous Swiss spaghetti harvest of 1957. Inspired by that famous hoax, the project of the day is growing spaghetti in a jar. Kids will help make their snack, Mud Pie. Suggested for ages 6 – 12. Members: $10, maximum $25 per family; Non-members $15, maximum $35 per family. Space is limited — please register by contacting [email protected] or call 203-762-7257. The Wilton Historical Society, 224 Danbury Road/Rt. 7, Wilton, CT 06897 www.wiltonhistorical.org Did You Know? “Another side to the April Fools’ holiday, especially in America, is that schoolchildren love to pull pranks on their teachers. One common… Read full this story
- Florida woman who coughed on cancer patient sentenced to 30 days behind bars, mental health evaluation
- Hanoi special sweet dumplings for Han Thuc Festival
- Xinjiang migrant workers debunk "forced labor" claims with personal experiences
- Conor McGregor Says Dustin Poirier Fight Is Off After Stiffing Charity Out of $500,000
- News digest: Older pupils will return to school after six months
- ‘Sister Wives’ star Robyn Brown tells husband Kody she’s sometimes ‘baby hungry’: ‘We need to decide this now’
- Kangana Ranaut Is Glad Her Nephew Prithvi Is Learning Harvesting, See Post
- New Hampshire first to administer COVID-19 vaccine dose to over 50% of eligible residents, data shows
- When is Erin and Ben Napier’s baby due?
- Summer Cold: Can You Get A Cold In The Summer? Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
April Fools' Day Workshop for Kids have 312 words, post on patch.com at March 27, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.