This is the ninth time I’ve come before a joint session to address our state’s budget. Each time I’ve had specific goals in mind; guiding principles to follow. Government should get smaller. Taxes shall not be increased. Our core commitments must be met. Each time, with varying degrees of struggle, harmony and acrimony, we have reached these goals – I have stuck to those principles. Let me assure you that today will be no different.The journey to greater fiscal health over the last eight years, from the depths of the recession to our economic growth of today, has taken many twists and turns. In 2010, New Jersey was in the middle of a fiscal crisis created by the great recession and a history of reckless taxing and spending by state government.When I entered office, the State faced an immediate $2.2 billion mid-year fiscal deficit. Even far worse was the breathtakingly large $10.7 billion projected budget shortfall for FY 2011. We faced a staggering $13 billion two-year budget gap.Welcome to the old days in Trenton. EDUCATION: Christie will not revamp school funding in new budget, sources say WATCH LIVE: Gov. Christie’s final budget speech I was elected in 2009, and reelected in… Read full this story
- Italy moves towards budget compromise with Brussels
- Former New Jersey Governor Christie Slams Media for Coverage of McCain Funeral
- In reality, it was a giveway budget — a little taste for all
- Budget 2019 has to be a 'housing budget' says Fianna Fáil
- Countdown to #Budget19: Here's what you can expect in today's budget speech
- Budget 2018: What can we expect from chancellor Philip Hammond’s budget this month?
- Budget 2019: €300m in tax cuts expected in giveaway election budget
- Brexit, budget, housing and health on the agenda for Fianna Fáil annual think in
- Who is Ryan Christie? The Celtic midfielder linked with a loan move to Sunderland
- Russia v Scotland: Ryan Christie can recover from online abuse - Steven Reid
Full text of Christie's final budget address have 316 words, post on www.usatoday.com at February 28, 2017. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.